Spotless Record

Thomas and Percy were shunting trucks at Elsbridge Harbour when the manager came up to them.

"Just leave the trucks where they are please," he said. "Sir Topham Hatt wants to see you both at Maron Station immediately."

"Yes sir." replied the two tank engines and went off.

***

Thomas and Percy were curious as to what The Fat Controller needed them for in a hurry, but they soon find out when they arrive at the station.

"Ah, Thomas and Percy," said the Fat Controller, "I have an assignment for you both."

"What is the assignment sir?" asked Thomas.

"As you may or may not have heard," he said, "Duck now runs his own bunch line at Arlesdale. So I bought a new engine from British Railway to become the new station pilot at Knapford."

Thomas and Percy were surprised by the news of Duck getting his own branch line as well as getting a new engine to become the new station's pilot.

He then continued. "As you two previously worked as station pilots, I want you both to teach him how to shunt trucks and pull freight at Tidmouth Yard."

"Yes sir

"Yes sir." replied the two engines. Thomas then asks him, " Sir, what's the engine's name?"

"His name is..." but before he could finish, a whistle could be heard in the distance.

"That must be him," said Percy, and indeed he's right as the engine glides to the station.

"Right on time." said The Fat Controller.

Thomas and Percy looked at the engine. He is a big tank engine with 4 small black wheels, 6 big black wheels, large cylinders, and a short dome. He is painted in BR black with the BR logo on its side tanks, along with the number 41241.

"Thomas. Percy." said The Fat Controller "Meet Arthur." Thomas and Percy looked amazed at the fact that he is big despite being a tank engine.

The Fat Controller then turned to Arthur. "Arthur." he said, "This is Thomas and Percy, they will be teaching you how to shunt trucks and pull freight."

Arthur then looked at the two tank engines. "Nice to meet you both." He said politely

"Arthur also has a spotless record." The Fat Controller added.