Wet Slide

It has been raining for a few days on Sodor. It caused the rails to be very wet and slippery. Because of this, the engines had to use their sandboxes to stay gripped onto the rails.

***

At Knapford, Arthur is pushing some small red coaches to the station for James to pull. It had been a few months since his first accident that broke his record. He did manage to come over it a little as the record still meant everything to him.

James was waiting at the platform when Arthur finally couple up to him.

"Took you long enough." James snorted. "Glad you decided not to smash the back of these beautiful coaches."

Even though the joke of James being in a fruity mess died down. He still held a garage against Arthur for making him into a laughing stock.

 He still held a garage against Arthur for making him into a laughing stock

Arthur was sad at James's remark. "I said I was sorry to you so many times and yet you still won't let that go. Please, let's just forget about this and move on."

But James just snorted. "If you think I would just easily forget of you making me into a laughing stock for the last 2 weeks then you are surely mistaken."

But before Arthur could reply. The guard blew his whistle and James soon went off.

***

That evening, Arthur was resting on a siding when The Fat Controller came up to him.

"Arthur, there is a goods train full of parts that need to go to Crovan's Gate Works. You're the only available. Can you manage to do it?"

"Yes sir," Arthur said happily. This could be his chance to redeem himself.

"Good," said The Fat Controller, "The train is waiting for you at Tidmouth Yard. Go there and tell the workman that you're the engine that will be pulling it. But first, you must..." but before he could finish, Arthur interrupted him.

"Don't worry Sir, I got this. You can count on me."

He then puffed away to the yards. He is very eager to prove himself.

"Arthur, wait!" The Fat Controller yelled but Arthur had already gone.