Something Fishy

The Fat Controller was in his office at Knapford station where he was having a meeting with a member of BR's board of directors.

"So you see sir, we the board just don't see Norramby as profitable. As such, we made the decision to end our services there."

"I see." The Fat Controller replied.

"But since your railway also does services there. We decided to allow the Norramby branch line to open under your operation. But if you don't want to do your services there. Then we can just simply close it down. What do you say, Sir Charles?" Asked the director.

The Fat Controller is having a thought. He knows that Norramby has a fishing village. Unlike BR, he sees the fishing industry there as profitable.

"No, I'll keep doing the operations there." The Fat Controller said

"Great, I'll get the papers out of my suitcase and once we both sign, the agreement will come into effect immediately." Said the director as he was opening his suitcase to get the paperwork.

Soon the two men sign the papers. Once that was completed, the two men got up from their seats.

"It's a pleasure doing business with you Sir Charles." Said the director.

"Likewise." The Fat Controller replied as the two men shook hands. 

The director then looked at his watch

"Oh look at the time. I should head back to the mainland. Again, it's a pleasure doing business with you, Sir Charles. Goodbye." Said the director as he is picking up the papers from The Fat Controller's desk and put them in his suitcase.

"Goodbye." The Fat Controller replied as he watched the director leave his office and head to Gordon's express.

Once the door is closed. He sat back down in his chair.

"How on earth does this director see the fishing industry not being profitable?" The Fat Controller said to himself.

***

Soon, news of the agreement spread throughout Sodor. The fishermen at Norramby were thankful that the line wasn't closed down unlike the other branch lines on the mainland.

Arthur was sitting in a siding. He had nothing much to do as he already shunted most of the trucks at Tidmouth Yard and another ship wouldn't be arriving for the next 2 hours. The Fat Controller came up to him.

 The Fat Controller came up to him