Saving The Red Engine

Arthur had been in the Works for 2 days. His wet rail accident caused some damage to him. But thankfully, he is repaired and expected to leave the Works tomorrow.

But Arthur had been miserable during his time at the Works. He really screwed up. What was supposed to be a moment of redemption but instead the opposite as he refused to listen to Thomas's message and because of his stubbornness, he got into an accident and felt he really failed The Fat Controller. Now Arthur doesn't know what to do to make things right.

"Maybe I'm just not fit to be on this railway." He said sadly to himself.

Just then, Arthur saw a green tank engine backing up beside him

"Hello there, who might you be?" the engine asks.

"My name is Arthur." He replied

The engine then realized his name. "Ah, you must be my replacement." He smiled.

Arthur was surprised. "Then you must be Duck."

"Indeed I am." Duck replied

"What are you in the works for?" Arthur asks

"Well," Duck smiled. "Sir Topham Hatt is so proud of my hard work at The Little Western that he decided to give me a new coat of paint as an award."

"The Little Western?" Arthur questioned.

"Is the nickname we give to our branch line." Duck replied.

"We?" Arthur questioned

"I worked alongside Oliver, Donald, and Douglas. We also work with Oliver's brake van Toad and his auto coaches Isabel and Dulcie." Duck replied

"Isn't Oliver the engine that Douglas saved him from scrap? I heard stories about that." Arthur questioned

"Indeed he is." Duck said. "Though he did travel through the mainland to escape to Sodor from BR before being caught and taken to the scrapyard on the other railway near Sodor." Duck replied.