CHAPTER TWELVE;

SOULLESS

SOULLESS.

Paris led Wes to his next class, the pair standing beside the doorway, as many people passed. "I'll come to get you after this class and take you to the cafeteria, you'll get to meet all my friends." Pairs spoke.

"You have friends?" Wesley teased, making Paris playfully shove him.

"I have too many friends, which means you won't be able to be my friend, so you'll just have to settle for being my boyfriend."

Wesley's avoided eye contact after hearing the statement which made his cheeks turn light pink. "Now get to class before I kiss you."

"Bye!" Wes rushed out and darted into his next class.

Paris couldn't help but slyly smile to himself as he watched Wes clumsily enter the classroom, clearly flustered from the comment. He shook his head and turned around now heading to his class.

Wesley entered the classroom, his face still feeling heated from the embarrassment.

He's so bold.

"You must be Wesley, I'm Mr. Richards! I'm glad you decided to join our art program, I saw your portfolio from your old school and I have to say you're very talented." The teacher greeted him, a smile on his face. "You can sit beside Christopher, he's the blonde fellow in the back." He said pointing to the back. "The art supplies are in that closet, we are currently doing portraits. I'll give you a paper on your big project for the exam in a bit, I got to find it in all of this mess. Start working on your portrait, while I find the paper."

Wes nodded, seeing a person with blonde hair whose head was down, moving their pencil around a piece of paper.

He made his way to the back of the room, glancing at Christopher, but he didn't dare to stare. Wesley didn't want to cause too much trouble with the person beside him, so he only stole a few looks at the other, not able to get a really good look at the other.

Wesley decided to get up and head to the closet, grabbing some paper that was tucked in the corner of the shelves. He figured it was strong enough to take on watercolor since Wes hated using paint.

He turned around with a few sheets of paper in hand and was met with familiar eyes, cold blue eyes.

Wes stared at the soulless eyes, that gave him chills over his own body. It took a moment for him to realize why the eyes were familiar.

"You're the guy from the plane." Wes sputtered out.

Christopher ignored the other, placing his hand on either side of Wesley, trapping the male. He didn't say anything, his eyes scanned over the other's face.

Wes held the papers close to his chest, clearing his throat a bit, trying to fill the awkward silence. "Can I help you?"

Silence.

"Well then, I'm just going to go," Wes spoke, pointing to the open door.

No movement.

"As much as I am enjoying this conversation, I would like to work on my project," Wesley stated.

Christopher finally took a few steps back, his eyes still locked on the other.

"Thank you," Wes said lowly, sidestepping away from the other and heading towards the doorway.

"Wesley." Christopher finally spoke, making the other turn back to him.

Wes looked at him, "yeah?" He asked, a bit shocked that Chris had spoken.

"I suggest you stay away from my friends."

"What?" Wes asked, extremely confused about where this was coming from.

Christopher didn't say anything else, he just stared at Wesley, who slowly looked away, turning and leaving the area.

He went back to the table, placing the papers down. The teacher walked over, handing Wesley a piece of paper. "I found the form, but this is what is required for your big project at the end of the year. All the supplies you can find here and my classroom is open throughout the day if you want to work on it." He explained, placing the paper on Wesley's desk.

Wes nodded, "let me leave you to work on your portrait, I'll print out the notes you missed and hand them to you when class is over." The teacher smiled, walking away and heading over to the other students.

The male grabbed the paper, reading over it.

Subject: What is your happiness?

It made Wes pause for a moment, making him realize within all the time in his life, he had never taken the chance to figure out what made him happy.

He spent so much time in such a low and unhappy place he had forgotten to look for the good. His mind drew a blank when he tried to remember things that made him happy.

He could draw food, his favorite movie, or maybe even a canvas filled with his favorite color, but it didn't feel like it was truly his happiness.

He sighed to himself, placing the paper down and telling himself he would return to that. He took the pieces of paper and began to slowly sketch out his portrait.

Christopher had finally returned to his seat beside Wesley, some colored pencils in his hand. He watched Chris pick up a dark blue pencil and went to color his eyes.

"That's not the right color," Wes spoke, making the other stop their actions.

He turned to look at Wesley, who lightly reached over and picked up the lighter blue. "Your eyes are very light, almost pale looking, nothing close to dark blue at all."

Christopher took the colored pencil from Wesley's hand, now coloring in the eyes with the correct color.

"You're welcome." He mumbled, continuing on his work.

"Watch it," Chris spoke back.