CHAPTER SIXTEEN;

ADMIRED

ADMIRED.

When Wesley had gotten out of class, he pulled out his schedule from his back pocket and checked where he needed to go next. He was happy to see that it was time for his free period where he could spend an hour to himself. Although, the school hopes you take the hour to spend with a therapist, you are free to do whatever you feel so.

Wes was still not comfortable with the idea of meeting with one of the many therapist on campus, he decided to head back to the dorms to unpack his things and settle into his room.

Once he made it to the rooms, he was happy to be by himself for a bit and relax while unpacking. Wesley felt like he was walking on eggshells around everyone else, afraid to say the wrong thing and set someone's progress back or become a personal punching bag.

The overwhelming feeling of reality once again came crushing down and suffocated Wes. He was stuck here. He couldn't just walk home. He couldn't call him mom to come get him. He felt himself slipping, but he remained strong until he reached him room, to which he flopped on his bed and started to weep.

Ever since Wesley was little, he could never deal with being overwhelmed or frustrated well, he always ended up crushing and crying. He thought he would grow out of it, but it was the only way he knew how to relieve the powerful emotions he faced.

So there he was, crying into an empty bed, in a room that wasn't his and a place that wasn't home. They say being alone brings out the worst, because sounds, people and things can no longer distract you from the problems. Wes was now fully understanding his situation and he wanted to go back and tell his mom that he didn't want to go.

Yet, he couldn't. No amount of imagining different scenarios would change the already faced outcome.

Wesley took a couple deep breaths, calming himself, sitting up and wiping the tears from his face. He reached over for his bag, grabbing it and unpacking the belongings, he started to place things when a knock was heard at the door. The male froze, like a deer in headlights, he felt his heart race begin to pick up.

He headed to the door, but before he could answer it, the door was pushed open and a head popped in through the gap. "Paris?" He questioned.

The black male nodded his head and smiled. "I figured you were here." He spoke as he walked in.

"Why did you knock?" Wesley asked.

Paris laughed, "I wouldn't want to walk in on you naked. I was worried you would have forgotten to lock the door and the last thing I wanted to see was your bare ass when I walked in."

The comment made an embarrassing blush cover Wesley's face as he ducked his head and continued unpacking. "No comment?" He teased before changing the topic. "Do you need any help?" He asked, walking over to the other.

"Ah no, I don't think so." Wesley replied, turning his head and brushing his nose against Paris, due to the closeness of the pair.

He was quick to turn his face away, making the other chuckle at the action. "Too close or too cute?" Paris asked, resting his chin on Wesley's shoulder.

The other let out a grumble of angry words, shaking off the other's head.

"Since you didn't answer I'm going to say too cute." Paris teased, once more.

"Too cute, my ass." Wesley mumbled out.

Paris shook his head, "Oh yeah? Say that to my face." He spoke.

The comment made Wes turn his head back, his eyes met Paris, their faces close together, yet again. The action made Paris smile, his hand reached up and rested against Wesley's cheek.

"You fell for my trap," Paris spoke, his voice low, not wanting Wes to back away.

Wesley's eyes scanned over the other's face, taking in the black male's beauty. "No," He replied, shaking his head a bit, "You fell for mine."

As Paris went to question what Wes was referring to, he was met with soft lips against his.

Once his brain had processed what happened, Wesley's lips left his.

He stood still for a moment, a smile soon growing on his face. "You kiss everyone on the first day?" He asked, teasing Wesley.

"Just the annoying ones." Wesley teased back.

"I'll be more annoying now," Paris spoke, pulling the other back in for another kiss, his thumb brushing softly against Wesley's cheek.

When Wesley pulled away, his face held a light brush of pink. He actually kissed someone he just met and he couldn't even fathom why he had done so.

He marked it off as emotionally vulnerability, because the real reason was not something he was ready to accept.

Wesley had been overlooked a lot in his love life, unable to maintain steady relationships and having them always be dulled down into nothingness that left him chasing something that was no longer there. He hated how low he felt and how much his girlfriends never really seemed to put in effort to make him feel wanted and needed.

He knew the real reason for kissing the other so quickly into meeting him, yet he would never truly be able to accept it.

He didn't want to admit that he craved the desire to be admired.