#4 (Late Night Talking)

I click the answer button and then I see Tommy's face fill my screen.

"Yes Tommy" I say propping up my camera so he can see my face as well.

"Hi Maddie" I hear Tommy say his voice sounding anxious.

"Hi?"

"I was just wondering if your okay with like you know the shipping"

"Oh" I say the question catching me surprise on why he would care if I was okay with shipping or not.

Silence fills the call as Tommy is waiting for my response. I focus back on reality and get out of my thoughts. Forming what I want to say in my mind.

"Yeah, I'm fine with the shipping. I mean as long as it doesn't go too far."

"Oh really" Tommy says his eyebrows raising as he speaks.

"Uhh yeah did I say something wrong?"

"Oh no, no, no you didn't I just thought you might've been annoyed or upset with being shipped with me."

"Well I'm fine with it, as long as you are"

Silence fills the call once again. The conversation replaying in my head thinking of all the things I could've said that may have weirded him out or came off the wrong way.

"Well I mean the shippings not true of course we aren't a thing and don't like each other like that so it's just kind of silly." I say to Tommy.

Silly did I really just say silly. Im going to shut up and never speak again.

"Oh yeah yeah yeah of course." Tommy says. "I was just wondering if you were fine with it to know if I had to address it or anything"

"Yeah well im fine with it"

"Well that's good fantastic so I don't need to say anything unless of course it gets out of hand yeah." Tommy rambles on.

"Yes if you need to, are you fine with it?"

"Yeah, yeah I am"

The call becomes quiet as I stares at my hands and fiddles with my rings; while I can feel Tommy's eyes through the other side of the screen.

"What's your favorite color" Tommy asks me suddenly.

"What?" I say while laughing.

"Well I want to get to know you. And, I think these small questions are overlooked sometimes." Tommy says while keeping his stare at me. We are thousands miles away but yet feel so close. Which is a very odd type of feeling, unusual, alien like.

"I have to go with pink." I say answering Tommy's question.

"Pink." He repeats

"What's yours"

"Blue."

"Really not red! I'm shocked"

"Well yes the great Tommyinnit is always full of suprises."

Tommy and I go back and forth asking each other whatever questions come to mind.

It felt so odd talking to someone about stuff I like. I mean I have friends, a good amount too. But I don't think my friends really care that much about the small things about me. Or at least they never seem to ask. But yet here I am with Tommyinnit going over topics such as favorite Roblox games, silliest cloud shape we've seen, what color would taste the best, sports we like and sports we find stupid and unimpressive as well as many other things.

I eventually leave the call as it's getting late.

And, that's when I smile for the first time in a long time. An actual genuine smile.

My smile was over something so dumb too. Just some blond boy who's loud and obnoxious and plays Minecraft for a living.

Only I didn't know then that, that smile would be the first of many to come.