Pt. 1

‧₊˚✧⋆*・゚☾ ⋆* The Introduction ‧₊˚✧⋆*・゚☾ ⋆*

Rosaline had always been content with her life.

Gold dripped from her finely tanned skin in the form of dainty chains and intricate earrings. The diamond on her finger was large but tasteful, A display of her husband's devotion to both Rosaline; his wife, and his country.

She was happy reading by the fire in her husband's study, gown billowing out around her slim hips and ending just below her ankles.

She believed her life was perfect, she believed it with all her heart as she sat upon her simplistic throne, next to her husband, the king.

She believed her life was perfect, because she had to.

‧₊˚✧⋆*・゚☾ ⋆*

The king waved in the final guest for the evening, and faltered as they entered.

A maiden. Portions of her hair in braids, others in dreads, beads woven in. Skin dark and smooth. Trousers and boots clothed her bottom half, and over her top was a button-up and deep black corset. Her wrists were stacked with bracelets and her fingers with rings, while only a single necklace hung around her throat, resting just before the first buttons of her shirt which were closed.

Behind her stood several men, all appearing equally devoted to the woman at their front. She smiled at the king, giving him no other greeting, before turning to Rosaline herself.

"Your highness. "

The king was frustrated at the woman's behavior, but few could tell. Rosaline had learned to read him well these past few years.

He cleared his throat and the woman's eyes shifted back to him.

"You must be Captain Alastair, welcome. "

the woman, the captain, smiled. "'Tis my pleasure to be in your presence, your majesty. I understand you have an issue that needs attending to?"

it was unexpected for a woman to not give her first name and welcome its usage to a man, and yet the captain never even addressed it.

Rosaline shifted in her chair as her husband confirmed the woman's question, curiosity sparking.

Upon listening to their conversation it became blatantly obvious that the captain was indeed a pirate and her crew as well. they had struck a deal, Rosaline's husband and the captain.

In exchange for erasing any and all wrongdoings from both her own, and her crew's past, the captain would rid of a certain sea monster that had dwelled in the Deep Waters just outside of the port for a long while. it had prevented several Merchant ships from delivering their goods this past month alone.

it was ruining both the trading companies and the military.

‧₊˚✧⋆*・゚☾ ⋆*

Rosaline's embroidery was filling in nicely when her husband walked in, only covered by a pair of light trousers as he toweled himself off, hair dripping.

"Darling,"

Rosaline looked up, prompting him to continue.

"I have those pirates staying in the castle tonight, so please be cautious when leaving the wing." he trailed off for a moment before continuing. "I don't exactly trust those men. Hell, I don't trust that woman."

He left the room after that, satisfied that his wife knew what she needed to do.

‧₊˚✧⋆*・゚☾ ⋆*