The Rehearsal

*Lauryn's POV*
"Is she being serious?", I thought to myself. I have to walk down the aisle with Mr. 6'10. Damn, Can I even reach him? He is sexy though.... but that's not the point. Like, I don't even know anything about this guy and he's already looking at me like we best friends.....helll no. "Excuse me, Miss Daniels... Can you PLEASE line up, so I can get out of here", the rude ass director snapped in my face. I walked over to my place next to Blake. I felt a tug on my hair behind me. I turned around to see DJ giving me a goofy smile. "Is there a problem, Mr. Jordan", I said haughtily. "Nah, i just didn't know Tori had such fine ass friends", he replied. I tried to hide my laugh, as I looked back up him, I started to say something before Blake interrupted, "She don't want you DJ which yo goofy ass", said Blake. "Shit. You just mad because you know she's fine as hell, and you just to scared to talk to her which your cheese puff looking ass". Blake just stood there looking shocked while everyone started laughing. Damn, they were funny, maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all. "Mr. Jordan! Please walk down the aisle with your partner! We are tired of waiting on you!", the director said impatiently. The director came up and started clapping in our faces, while we attempted what we thought was a good walk down the aisle. Then he made us line up all sorts of ways, before he finally let us leave. "You coming to the rehearsal dinner?", I heard Blake say behind me. "Uhh, I don't know .... I got stuff to do" "Wait, you mean you busy to hang out with two sexiest guys you'll ever met", Dj came up and said. I shook and head and smiled. "Okay, Okay, I guess I might be able to come" "Great, that means you can give me a ride right?", Blake said showing all his teeth in a big smile. "What? you don't wanna ride with Goofus over there", I said referring to DJ. "Nah, I just want to fulfill his needs off me not letting a beautiful girl like you slip past me without getting to know her", he smirked. Damn, why was he so sexy. He had a face that could make you forget any wrong he had done against you. I finally agreed to giving him a ride, and off we were to what is known as the "rehearsal dinner". The rehearsal dinner was actually being held at Dave 'N' Busters believe it or not. "So.... how did you get talked into being in the wedding", Blake said finally breaking the awkward silence. "Tori, has been my best friend since the 10th grade, we she asked me to be a bridesmaid of course I said yes" "Even though you have the walk down the aisle with me", He replied. "Yeah, you're not too bad...So how did YOU get talked to being in this wedding" "Well, Jamal is my boy and we both play for the same team so why not", he replied. "Aww that's cute, what do you play" I asked in all seriousness. He gave me a look like 'Are you being serious', before he realized I actually was. "We both play for the LA Clippers, they are an NBA team..you've never heard of them? Weird coming from a black girl", he said half laughing. But it was true, I was not the typical "Black Girl", that knew how to play basketball, and even knew what a NBA team was. The only thing I knew about basketball was that my uncle Michael Jordan was a big part of it, but i never got to see him much anymore. We pulled into the parking lot, parked, got out , and went inside where everyone was waiting on us.

**Blake's POV*

Wow, not only was she gorgeous, but she was funny, smart, and charismatic. I learned a lot about Lauryn during our short 25 minute car ride, where the conversation flowed smoothly. We had silences, but they were never awkward silences, they were comfortable silences. It was like I knew her before I even got to know her. "Man, what you daydreaming about", DJ yelled breaking me out of my thoughts. We were sitting down at the long table in our private room while we waited for the girls to get back from the bathroom. I just looked at him sheepishly, not replying. He sucked his teeth and wiggled his eyebrows while saying " Yo, you must be thinking about Lauryn, I see you..you gonna get that bruh?" "I don't know... it's like well, we just met, and when I was talking to her I could never tell whether she wanted to kiss me or kill me." "Well man, all I can tell you is to present your self well, give her the time of day, and keep that ass in line", Matt said coming into the conversation. The ladies returned to the table and we all started serving ourselves food from the buffet. "So, Lauryn, you got a man, a girl as fine as you has GOT to have one", I heard DJ say from behind me. "No, haven't ran across any man that deserves me", She replied. "But you got one of the best power forwards standing right here, that not only ran across you, but into you. Oh and don't tell him I told you but...." "I can hear you DJ", I turned around to say. I saw DJ smirking slyly before slipping out of line to answer a "phone call" and winking. "He's crazy", she turned to me to say half laughing. "Yeah, but he's my best friend", I replied. "So, I guess you heard that conversation", she said shyly smiling up at me. "Yeah, and he's right", I said confidently. "Oh, so you think that I should give you a chance? And that I'mm lucky that I ran into you?", she said questioningly. "I mean, I would like to get to know you", I said sheepishly , while we walked back to our seats. "Hmm.. well maybe I'lll think about it", she said slyly.

*Lauryn's POV*

"Okay, maybe Blake isn't that bad. I mean he's funny, and a gentlemen, and did I mention he's sexy", I spilled to my best friends Tori and Jourdan, as we drove back to my place from the night's activities. "See , I told you if you kept you're eyes open wide enough you might meet someone... and if you keep your legs open wide enough ..." "Tori!", I yelled in an embarrassed tone. "What, you know you wouldn't mind", she said back. "Yeah, but I just met this guy, it's not like I'm trying to get knocked up and married all in one day. "What, another wedding", I heard Jourdan say groggily from the backseat. "NO!", I replied to my drunk friend. Just to recap, we had previously gone to the club to celebrate Tori's upcoming wedding and last night being unhitched. Let's just say Jourdan took advantage of being newly single, which involved taking one too many shots, jumping up on the bar and dancing, and also a security escort out by request of her friends. Jourdan was known to get wild when she was drunk, and I was just hoping she would be able to walk tomorrow. "It would be nice, to see you with a good guy", Tori said quietly. "Y'all are acting like Blake is going to be my night and shining armor, and rescue me from my woes like this is fate or something", I said. They didn't reply, but they didn't have to for me to know what they were thinking. It was obvious that maybe he was and maybe it was. Is it fate?