Friends

It turned out that bikes weren't that scary after all. Drew was really careful on the roads. I held onto his torso tightly the whole time and he turned around sometimes to check if I was okay.

I can't believe I rode on the bad boy's bike. It was like every teenage girl's dream. I was sure my best friend, Danielle, is going to freak out when I tell her.

"We're here." Drew said. I got off the bike and Drew held on to my wrist so I wouldn't fall.

"Th.. Thanks." I stammered. Gosh Cara, stop acting like a goon!

"We have first period together don't we?" Drew asked as I started to walk away. He knew that?!

"Y..yeah." I replied.

"Then we'll go together." Drew said and started walking.

I followed him. He wasn't wearing his jacket anymore. His white shirt hugged his every muscle. Dayum.... My eyes shifted to his arse. He had such a cute butt I can't stop staring!

I was too engrossed in checking out his butt, when he stopped at our classroom, I walked right into him. Ouch.

"Detention for you Mr Bradley." Mr Leroy commented lamely. I guess he was used to Drew being late all the time.

Mr Leroy craned his neck to look behind Drew and his face instantly turned red like a tomato.

"CARA WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?!" he screamed. My my my what was with people screaming at me today? Was it 'Scream at Cara' day or?

"I.. I..I.." I stammered. I've never been late ever in my life.

"Detention for you, Cara." Mr Leroy said firmly.

"But... But.." I tried again.

"No buts! Get to your seat!" Mr Leroy yelled. Damn....

I trudged to my usual seat.

"Sorry, this seat is taken." someone commented in a disgustingly high pitched voice.

I stared at the person who spoke. It was none other than the captain of the cheerleading team, Alyson West.

Why was she sitting at my usual seat?

Everyone knew she was in love with Drew but he didn't seem to be attracted to her. Well, Drew didn't seem to be attracted to anyone.

I looked around the classroom wearily. The only seat that was left was the one beside Drew. Our eyes met and he gave me a cute smirk.

I could feel butterflies fluttering in my stomach and my knees going weak. Was that the famous 'Drew smirk' I just got?!

"CARA WHY ARE YOU STILL STANDING THERE?" Mr Leroy screamed again, making me jump.

Alyson started to laugh hysterically. Pfft, she was starting to annoy me.

I rushed to the seat beside Drew.

"So you're quite the stalker aren't you?" Drew started suddenly.

"What why?" I answered, shocked.

"First you showed up in front of my house and now you're sitting beside me. Did you pay Alyson to sit at your usual seat or something?" Drew asked.

"What?! No I didn't do that!" I answered, annoyed.

"Fine fine, I was just saying." Drew chuckled. His laugh was so deep and melodic I could listen to it all day.

When the bell rang, Drew went out of the class swiftly.

Danielle came up to side with an evil smirk. "So... You and the bad boy huh? Since when?" she asked, trying to hold back a giggle.

"No...." I groaned.

"Tell me everything during lunch I wanna know everything!" she clapped her hands like a seal. I started to laugh at her stupid action.

"Oh look it's Cara and her minion talking about Drew." Alyson commented, knocking into Danielle on purpose.

"I'm gonna tell you once and you listen to me well. Back off, Drew is mine. Understood?" Alyson said in a hushed tone. Without waiting for a reply, she stalked off.

"What a bitch!" Danielle scoffed after five seconds.

I nodded in agreement.

"Okay bye now, see you at lunch at our usual table." Danielle as she trudged to her next class. We had every class together except for English.

I walked to my next class in silence and wondered about Drew. How did he know we had Science lessons together? I thought I was invisible to everyone.

A goofy grin spread across my face as I realized that Drew and I were in the same class for every subject. My my my, Cara you're such a lucky girl.

---------------------------------------------------

"Okay today I'm gonna change your seating arrangements." Mrs Howell announced.

She yelled out some random names and everyone started to move.

"Drew! Cara!" Mrs Howell shouted.

"Who's Cara?" I wondered aloud. Some people who heard it snickered and Mrs Howell gave me a blank look.

My eyes almost jumped out of their sockets when I realized that I was Cara.

"Not the sharpest tool in the shed are we?" Drew commented as he shuffled past me.

I groaned and followed him.

"Okay now I'm going to the office to get some papers! Say hi to your new partner!" Mrs Howell yelled and walked out in a huff.

"Hey there sweetcheeks. Did you pay Mrs Howell this time?" Drew greeted with a wink.

"No I didn't." I replied dryly, rolling my eyes.

What a narcissistic, arrogant jerk!

"You're not a very polite person are you? I was just trying to be nice, babydoll." Drew smirked.

"Stop calling me sweetcheeks or babydoll! My name is Cara! Get that in your pea-sized brain!" I snapped.

Drew looked taken aback by my sudden outburst. Ha, I bet he hasn't been spoken to like this before by a girl because all the girls are too busy drooling over him. Okay maybe I DO drool over him sometimes but still...

"Why are you so uptight? Is something bothering you?" Drew asked and I thought I heard a hint of concern in his voice.

"Nope." I answered, popping the 'p'.

"Okay then. How's your day?" Drew asked, staring at me.

I suddenly felt self-conscious. It was like he was staring into my soul.

"Why... Why are you talking to me?" I asked nervously.

"Why can't I talk to you babyd- ugh I mean Cara?" Drew asked as I held back a giggle.

"Um it's just.. You don't seem to talk to anyone except your friends." I pointed out.

"Well, aren't you my friend now?" Drew asked innocently, giving me a boyish grin.

My heart skipped a beat. I, Cara Holmes, the most socially awkward person in the world was friends with the famous bad boy, Drew Bradley?

My my my, this is going to be interesting.

---------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2 <3 please vote, comment and tell me what you think!

-Cassandra