Future Diary

Future Diary (Mirai Nikki)

Summary;

This psychological thriller, based on the manga written and illustrated by Sakae Esuno, is about Yuki, a loner who's not very good with people. He prefers to write a diary on his cell phone and talk to his imaginary friend, Deus Ex Machina - The God of Time and Space. However, Yuki soon learns that Deus is more than a figment of his imagination when he makes Yuki participate in a battle royale with eleven others. The contestants are given special diaries that can predict the future, each diary possessing unique features that give it both advantages and disadvantages. Within the next 90 days, the contestants must try to survive until there is only one left standing. The winner will become the new God of Time and Space.

Opinion;

Ok if you want blood, gore and creepy storyline then this is the anime for you. Future diary did definitely change my perspective on how I viewed anime and put me into a whole different world. Not just from the plot twist at the end but to the way the storyline is and how it progresses and time goes on.

This anime put me through all sorts of emotions from confused to freaked out. I wasn't sure what to think with the relationship between Yuki and Yuno and some parts I thought it was cute but then at other parts I thought things had gone too far. Yes it's a romance but come on what they did towards the end of it just made me feel a little uncomfortable.

Future diary is currently at over 1 million views on Kiss anime but has brought a very controversial conversation. Some say it's too violent and not suitable for any audience but others say it's ok but I was stuck in the middle. I wasn't sure what to think at first but as time went on I started to enjoy the anime and really got into it But towards the end I started to think otherwise. Don't get me wrong I still liked the anime but I think there were a few things about it that I wasn't so sure about.

Although I enjoyed it there were parts of the anime where I thought it had gone to far. Such as when Yuno was just killing whoever she wanted just to stop Yuki from falling in love with someone else. Another part that freaked me out was when you find out who Yuno really is, that made me feel a little sick to my stomach. There was also a part towards the end between Yuki and Yuno which I thought was taking it too far. I think maybe if the creator or writer of the manga might have considered what the character were doing and if it was the right decision might have made me think differently about that particular scene.

There were a few faults with this anime that I was able to point out such as how was Yuki's mom not worried or even suspicious by where Yuki was running off to with Yuno or why he was out really late on a school night. Geez if that was my mom she'd go crazy if I suddenly started disappearing. Secondly the way the kids were just able to do what they want and go into any place they want. I mean yes it is set in a fantasy world but for me that was just a little too much.

There were also a few characters that concerned me a bit. The top one is Yuno. She was totally nuts. She didn't care who she killed or injured just to be Yuki's girlfriend. I actually feel sorry for Yuki having this girl always trying to chase you down and not letting you get close to any other girls. There were times in the anime where I thought Yuni had taken it too far. Such as when she tied Yuki up and drugged him so he couldn't have contact with anyone on the outside world. I thought that was quite disturbing and made me feel sick to the stomach a little. I wasn't so sure what I thought about her coming from the future and killing off the present Yuno. Not only was that a little disturbing it became a little confusing. (Thanks again to my friend Flissonacid for helping me out with that)

Apart from that the overall story was good and it had some good humour although I wouldn't watch it again I'm glad I did watch it at least once. Although there were a few thing that let the show down I still liked it and enjoyed it to some extent so for that I'm giving it a...

8.5/10

So guys here is another review. Sorry I haven't been able to upload for the last few days I have been preparing for a few test but I have have finished them now and I'm back so I will try to update as much as I can.

This Review is dedicated to one of my close friend Flissonacid. Please go check her out and give her some love. She is amazing and funny person and is there if you ever need someone to talk to.

See you guys in the next update.

Until then...

Luv ya guys

Tia 🇯🇵🇯🇵