CHAPTER 29

1 year passed by, "Attorney, nandyan na si Captain pogi sa lobby," I stopped reading some testimony of the suspect when Fery knocked on the door and spoke. Pinigilan kong ngumiti, at nagsimulang ayusin ang gamit ko sa lamesa ko.

It's been a year since we started dating, and still, Zign never changed on how he treated me when he was just courting, and now that we're already a year into a relationship. He was a complete, perfect package of boyfriend material.

I put all the papers I'll be needing for the next case tomorrow in my suitcase and grabbed my bag, left the office, and smiled at Fery as I walked past her table. "Did you already give my gift to Dove?" I asked.

"Yes, Attorney, she said thank you daw po, and she's doing well in school," I nodded and walked towards the elevator para bumababa sa lobby ng firm. I'm supporting Dove's expenses after I close her case, since she doesn't have anyone to lean on, I decided to support her finances in school and in the orphanage. While Zign chooses to be one of the sponsors of the orphanage just to help me and show his support to me.

I couldn't ask for more, this man is really something to hold on to. I checked my phone and received a text message from him.

From Zign:

Attorney, I need your help. Someone just stole my heart, can I sue her and put her in jail in my mind?

What the heck, Zign that was so corny, I chuckled while trying to screenshot it and save it in my gallery, but suddenly the elevator opened on the second floor. When it opened, my smile instantly faded when this bitch showed up.

"Kiritani, you're back?" I uttered and confidently stared at her from head to toe. I can't believe she's back, a year ago, bigla na lang siyang nagdecided lumipat abroad for a case that I didn't know about and now she's back. Natahimik ang buhay ko nung nawala siya, and guess what she's back, and I'm sure my cases will be tough now that she's back.

"Yeah, miss me," she said, stepping in and clicking the button to the ground floor. "Can't believe you're back," I said and smirked at her. "Yeah, I can't believe that either," she's really trying to level with my confidence, this bitch, a trying hard copycat.

"By the way, I heard you win the case of Torres, I'm amused, that case about his father abusing him is very hard to win, chamba right," she said, trying to humiliate my abilities, I laughed and looked at her.

"It's not chamba, it's justice bitch," I said, and the elevator open, nauna akong lumabas at tiningnan siya mula ulo hanggang paa bago tuluyang naglakad papunta sa lobby.

"Love," agad akong tinawag ni Zign ng makita niya, akong papalapit, ang kaninang nakasimangot kong mukha, ay agad napalitan ng ngiti. I miss him. "Happy Anniversary," I greeted him.

It was our anniversary yesterday, but since he has a flight in Davao yesterday, ngayon na lang namin piniling icelebrate ito. I want it to be a family dinner and he agreed naman, that's why he's here. Fetching me up straight from his flight.

He's still wearing his uniform, and all the girl around here was looking at him, sinalubong niya ako ng yakap at hinalikan sa aking noo. "Happy anniversary, Love, Damn I miss you," he whispered as he hugged me and grabbed my bag and suitcase.

"I miss you too, I called mom, and she said the food is ready na tayo na lang ang hinihintay," I said, he nodded and smiled at me. "Let's go," he asked. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his waist as we walked toward his car.

He was holding my hands until we arrived at the mansion, he parked his car in front of the main door and we stepped out, "I hope mom cooks pesto," I uttered as we walked towards the main door. "She sure did," he said.