7 | Back To Starling

"Oliver Queen is alive." Nyssa said as she entered Al Thaelab's room. He turned to Nyssa, "What did you just say?" He asked with a fake growl.

"Queen has somehow survived your battle and has returned to Starling." She informed him. Al Thaelab let out another fake growl as he began to walk with Nyssa and headed towards Ra's.

It had been weeks since he had left Oliver in Tatsu's care, so to hear that the man returned to his city to protect it put a smile on his face.

"Why are you smiling?" Nyssa asked, "Because it means I can kill him again." He lied. The two found Ra's in the Lazarus Pit when they walked in.

"Oliver Queen still lives. Somehow Ta-we al-Sahfer's killer still yet breathes." Nyssa said, her tone carrying rage.

Ra's stood up from the tub and nodded his head, "Yes, I know. He has returned to Starling City, apparently." He told them as one of his servants put a drape over him.

"Why was I not informed? Nor Nyssa? He was my kill." Al Thaelab asked, he had been the one to struck down the Starling vigilante. Queen's death was a means of showing his loyalty. Would Ra's now question due to Oliver's recovery?

Nyssa nodded her head, "I had a right to know that justice has not been done." She said. "Because Oliver Queen did not murder Ta-er al-Sahfer." Ra's stated. "Do you not believe his own confession because you doubt his motives?" Nyssa asked her father.

Ra's only chuckled at this, shaking his head he turned around, directing his gaze to Al Thaelab. "If someone dear to you had killed one of my people. Would you not risk your own life for them?" Ra's asked him.

Al Thaelab nodded, "I would. And I see where you are going with this. For I have a suspect." He told his master. The two Al Ghuls raised their brows at him. "Who do you believe killed my daughter's lover, Thaelab?" Ra's asked as he too had a suspect but wanted to see if Thaelab would confirm it.

Al Thaelab stood quiet for a few moments before speaking, "His sister. Thea Queen." He said as he knew that now both of the siblings will have to die either by his hand or Nyssa's.

***

Al Thaelab and Nyssa had arrived at Star City, the two along with a couple of men from the League had been jumping rooftop from rooftop before they found themselves on the roof of Thea's apartment building.

"Are you certain she is here?" One of the men asked Al Thaelab, the supernatural nodded, "Her scent leads to here. If she is not, I want you two to check the club." He ordered them. The two assassins nodded as they left Nyssa and Al Thaelab.

Al Thaelab turned to Nyssa to see that the woman had a smile on her face, "Why the smile?" He asked her. "You've finally become one with the League." She told him. 

Al Thaelab thought about it, growing up he never wanted to kill people, his parents had taught him that it wasn't a right thing to do, hell he even accepted Scott's no killing rule because he was his friend.

But now, after so much death, after everything he had seen in the two years since he had entered the supernatural world, he knew that it was either kill or be killed.

Al Thaelab said nothing as he jumped off the building and landed on the terrance of Thea's apartment. The young Queen quickly stood up and grabbed a dagger, ready to defend herself.