Late nights (Lumax)

( November 86)

Lucas was peacefully sleeping in his bed when he heard something hit the window. He looked at the clock on his wall, which said 2:38am he assumed it was just the rain or something but after a good 30 seconds of it he heard someone whispering
"Lucas open the window it's cold as fuck out here" Lucas knew exactly who's voice that was, and quickly got up. He looked out the window, It was pouring rain and when he looked down max was standing there, she was only wearing a crop top and some black jeans which were soaked. Without a word Lucas helped Max inside. She sat down on his bed and Lucas does the same.
"What's going on Max?" Lucas asks concerned.
"My mom called from work and told me she was working late" Max says while trying to catch her breath, then continues
"Neil gets mad for everything when he's drunk, and when my mom isn't there to stop him, he tries to take all the anger out on me, he was sleeping on the couch as I managed to drop a fork making food in the kitchen. He woke up and then because very aggressive, I got to my room and locked the door, I took my stuff and jumped out of my window, he'll be fast asleep tomorrow morning so is it okay if i spend the night here? i-I'm sorry for waking you up I just didn't know what to d-" Max says shivering and she is interrupted being pulled into a hug by Lucas
"Of course, you can stay as long as you want"
"Thank you" Max says and gives Lucas a peck on the lips. Lucas gets up and hands Max some clean clothes. Max went into the bathroom and changed, she didn't know what it was about Lucas but he made her feel so safe, she loved when he borrowed her his clothes, as of right now she was wearing his oversized t-shirt and his sweatpants that were actually too small for Lucas, but Lucas always kept some of his clothes that were a bit small for him in case situations like this, and max knew that. He also loved how respectful he was and how he was so good at comforting her. most of the time she doesn't want to be vulnerable around other people, but with Lucas it was diffrent. He'd sit there and just listen to her for hours talking about whatever was going on, weather it was school, her friends, her family, really the list could go on forever.

Max walks out of the bathroom and spots Lucas lying on the floor, Max pulls out her hand saying
"You're so respectful you're making my heart melt, get up and lie next to me"
"Wait woah, Max going soft?"
"Shut up" she says jokingly as Lucas lies next to her.
Lucas pulls Max closer to him holding his arm around her waist.

———————————————————————-

The next morning Lucas wakes up and attempts to sit up, but feels something weighted on his chest.
Lucas can't help but smile at his girlfriend that is peacefully sleeping on his chest. Lucas got one arm around Max's waist and the other on the back of his head, Max's legs were wrapped around Lucas's and one of her arms were on Lucas chest. Lucas lays there enjoying the sound of the rain hitting the roof and the warmth of his girlfriend. A couple of minutes goes by and Max wakes up, she groans and says "oh no, was I clinging to you like a baby the whole night"
Lucas laughs and nodds as he pulls max closer.

After a few minutes, Lucas looks on the clock on his wall, saying 8:45AM, they run downstairs, Lucas dragging max after him, as she wasn't the biggest morning person. As they're on the way out Lucas runs to the kitchen to grab two apples, while max awkwardly waves to Lucas's parents. Lucas's mom has always been a second mom to max, she knew she could talk to her about anything, so she was usually okay with max staying over, Lucas's father on the other hand, was not so sure, but he gave her a small smile and looked back at the newspaper he was reading.
"Bye mom, bye dad" Lucas's said as he grabbed Max's hand and ran out the door, Max got onto the back of Lucas's bike, and holds tight around Lucas, leaning on his back.

————————————————————————

Hey guys, just wanted to let ya'll know that English isn't my first language so I apologize if there's a few spelling mistakes :)

Please leave ideas here💡
Word count: 786