How season 4 should've been more like! (Lumax)

This story takes place during season 4, when they were in the middle of nowhere getting ready to fight vecna, episode 8 i think-

—————————————————————

Nancy was practicing her aim with the shotgun, Erica was just watching. Dustin and Eddie were doing their thing or whatever while Robin and Steve were sitting not so far away from Nancy and Erica.
Lucas was standing up by the van and Max was sitting on the grass in the middle of everyone with her headphones on.
"Sinclair, can you get some more fuel from the van?" Steve yelled. Max overheard this and turned around to see Lucas nodding and walked inside.
She followed him. Robin smirked to herself, knowing where this would be going.

Lucas was getting the fuel and when he turned around Max was standing right behind him.
"Shit!" He said and jumped back a little.
"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you." Max said and let out a chuckle.
"It's fine, did you need something?" He asked a little worried. "No, no uhm I just- I just wanted to tell you.. I mean, most is all written in the letter I gave you but, just in case. I'm sorry for being so shitty to you. Like, ghosting you for no reason. You're a good guy, a great even. And you didn't deserve that. I didn't deserve you. I know this apology is very overdue but I just couldn't bring myself to talk to you, I'd always tell myself I'd talk to you later, cause you were always busy with your stupid basketball friends. But I've really missed you! And I regret everyday breaking up with you and i still love you." She said and paused, looking down to the floor.
"I mean, there were countless amount of times when I was thinking about calling you, or just showing up to your house, wanting you to hold around me again.
But I didn't think that you'd care. But now, now I realize that you do. And I wish we could be at your house right now, eating ice cream and rewatching karate kid for the millionth time. But of course, now I'm destined to die i guess. What a bummer." She said finally looking up to meet his gaze.
She just looked at him, searching his face for any type of emotion. Truth was that Lucas was genuinely in shock. He didn't really believe everything that she had just told him. She had opened up before, but not as much as she had now.
"Say something" she blurted out.
"Something" Lucas said before his lips crashed onto hers. Max didn't waste a second before she kissed back. His hands moved from her blushing chins to her waist.
While Max's hands were in his hair. Lucas pulled her closer and backed into the wall, smiling trough the whole kiss. They pulled away from eachother to catch their breath. Still hands placed where they were before. Steve was very impatient and came to get the fuel himself.
"Oh come on guys? Seriously? Now?!" He said as he was grabbing his stuff. Both their faces went red as Steve gave them a 'whatever' look and walked out. They turned to face eachother again, only a few inches from eachother. "I missed you too" Lucas said and Max rested her head in the crook of his neck.

——————————————-

I've been taking a break from writing because I've been sick and on a school trip. I also have to study for like 7 tests these next 2 weeks but I'll try my best to stay active!!

Word count: 601