four - the betrayal.

"What are you doing up here?" She turned to look at Tom. He was going to be so disappointed in her.

"Just thinking." It was true she was thinking. Thinking about what she had done. She didn't know if it was the right decision anymore. She turned back around. She couldn't look at him right now.

"I'll let you be alone." Tom said, and Teresa wanted to scream no at him before he had even turned around.

"Do you remember your mother?" Teresa asked. She wasn't going to tell Tom about this. She wasn't going to tell anyone. But she needed him to stay. She fucking needed him so much right now. If Tom turned her back on her now, she wouldn't be able to handle it.

Thomas stopped, and just stared at her for a moment. Teresa wondered if this was a good idea or not.

"I think so." He said. He didn't seemed upset. She wanted to cry. She turned her body all the way around to face him.

"I remember mine." She said. Her eyes. She remembered her eyes.

"She was a beautiful woman," Teresa continued, "everybody loved her. Before Wicked, she was all I had." Thomas looked at her. He didn't say anything and for once, Teresa couldn't read him.

"When she got sick, I didn't know what to do. I just kept her locked up, hidden. I thought she'd get better." Teresa hoped Thomas would understand. She hoped and prayed.

"Every night, she would make these awful sounds. Screams. One night, she just stopped. It was finally quiet." All of the memories were pouring out of Teresa and she couldn't handle it. Tears were falling down her face and she made no move to care. Tom was standing there, and the look on his face was almost pitiful.

"I went down to her room." Teresa paused. She felt shaky as the memories passed her lips. "There was blood everywhere. She was just sat there, calm. Said she was feeling better." Teresa started crying harder.

"The visions were gone, she'd taken care of them." Teresa remembered her mother saying that to her.

"She took her eyes out, Thomas." And Teresa wanted to scream. Thomas was looking at her with such pity. She didn't know if this was what she wanted.

"There are millions of people suffering out there, millions of stories just like mine." She wanted him to understand what she had done for him. So he didn't feel this way. She never wanted him to feel the way she did.

"We can't turn our backs on them, I won't." She stated. She was still crying, unable to stop. Thomas' look of pity turned to confusion. Teresa just needed him to listen to her right now.

"What are you saying?" He asked. She ignored that he just forgot about her mother's death.

"I'm saying, I want you to understand." She said. She needed him to understand.

"Understand what?" And Thomas' face just about broke Teresa' heart.

"Why I did it." She said, and she could hear the helicopters.

Ava promised nobody would get hurt.

"Please don't fight them, Thomas." She said. She didn't want him to get hurt.

"What have you done?" If Thomas had broken her heart before, that sentence shattered it.

-

The entire Right Arm was in flames, people were being taken and running for cover, and Teresa wanted to cry. Ava promised that they wouldn't get hurt.

Explosions left and right had people running for cover. Teresa couldn't see any of the people so she started her venture down. They were all lined up, Janson directed orders left and right. She could see the berg which no doubt contained her.