five - the end of teresa.

Teresa ran as fast as she could to the roof while she still had Thomas over her shoulder. Thomas was breathing heavily and Teresa didn't know what to do. The building was on fire and she couldn't let Tom die like this. She just fucking couldn't.

They made it to the roof, and there was nothing. It was in flames and Teresa had started to give up hope. She had given up on hope for herself a long time ago, but Tom? Tom wasn't something she could just give up.

She fell to the ground with him, and allowed him to rest his head on her shoulder. She was crying and she wasn't stopping anytime soon.

"I'm sorry. I tried." She wanted to say more, but it was all she could manage. She just hoped, prayed even, that Thomas would understand.

She kissed him with everything she had in her, knowing she wasn't going to live any longer. She had made the promise to herself that she wasn't going to hurt him anymore. She couldn't.

She just wanted him to feel loved. She needed him to understand how much he was loved. She broke the kiss and just placed her forehead against his. She wanted to tell him. I love you.

The whirring blades of a berg came to Teresa's attention and she knew. Thomas wouldn't die here. His friends came back for him. She placed the cure into his pocket, hoping that he could get it to Newt in time. She hoped it was enough to keep Newt alive.

She made her way there, and she could see the back exit opening up. She managed to get him close enough towards the entrance. She could see Minho and Brenda reaching out for him, and with all the strength Teresa had, she threw Thomas onto the berg.

The building next to Wicked collapsed and she looked at them all one last time. She didn't see Newt, but she hoped that he was resting in the back, waiting for the serum. She prayed.

The loud crash had Teresa stumbling and Minho was holding his hand out to her. She didn't deserve it.

She was a bad person, and she knew that through and through. She once told this to Ava, and she simply responded that bad people don't know that they are bad people. Teresa knew she was a bad person anyways.

She could see Brenda and Minho both reaching out to her, but she had made her decision.

She made this decision months ago, just not in this way.

She could feel the ground leaving her, and she looked at him one last time, and smiled. For a split second Teresa felt happy.

Because she knew this was the only way. Newt and Thomas could live happily together and Teresa just prayed that Newt took care of Thomas in a way that she couldn't do. She fell, and as Thomas' scream ran out, and for less than a second Teresa regretted not jumping onto the berg.

Instead, she let herself fall, not even struggling with it all. Because Thomas was going to be happy in Paradise, and didn't need her.

He would be happier this way. So Teresa let herself fall into the fire and ashes and choked on the smoke, before feeling the fire singe her skin and the fall break her bones. She only thought one thing as her heart stopped.

Thomas' was happy and that was all that mattered to her.