MAYBE I DESERVE

It had been exactly one week since Nairobi broke up with Kaier and she felt like she had never been so miserable in her life. She had already called off twice just to lay in her room and cry, and it felt like no matter how much she cried. She still needed to cry more.

She was currently on group FaceTime with Raelynn and Shadae who were trying to beg her to come out with them to a block party.

"Bitchhh come on," Raelynn dragged. " We not gonna let you be in the house sad for the rest of the summer."

"Right." Shadae agreed, "Just come get drunk tonight and we will leave you alone all next week." She begged.

Nairobi smacked her lips, dramatically kicking her legs as she lay in bed. "Okay." She agreed. She was sure she would want to go home as soon as she got there but she figured she might as well satisfy them. She knew that they were just trying to be good friends and cheer her up, but they hadn't left her alone all week. Truthfully she was totally okay with being depressed and in her bed, but her friends didn't think that way. At the slightly inconvenience they were looking for the nearest party or kick it.

"Yayyy." Raelynn yelled into the phone. "Be ready at nine we picking you up." She spoke before hanging up.

"Come onnn Nai Nai." Shadae said calling her by the nickname she had given her. "We're gonna have fun. I love youuu," She dragged. "See you tonight."

"Love you too." Nairobi slightly groaned before hanging up and rolling back over in her bed. She decided to do what she had been doing most days and sleep, until she was forced to get ready for the party.
——————————————————————————

"Okayyy bitch you look good." Shadae hyped her friend as she approached the car with a short black unitard on and some Nike dunks to match.

"Thank you," She slightly smiled as she climbed into the backseat.

"Here spark this up, I rolled this just for you," Raelynn spoke passing her a blunt.

"Aww thank you friend," Nairobi cheesed as she pulled her lighter from her purse.

"Sooo have you heard from him?" Shadae questioned as they pulled off.

Nairobi exhaled the smoke through her nose before responding, "Umm drunk texts and calls but I haven't been answering."

Throughout their relationship, Nairobi and Kaier had many conversations about staying friends even if they decided to go their own separate ways. But now that she had decided to call it quits Nairobi felt that it was much easier said than done. Despite the many calls and texts, she had been receiving from Kaier both drunk and sober, over the past week. She had yet to respond, while she definitely missed him and wished that they could just be friends, a part of her felt like she just needed complete space from him. She knew that she was liable to be in her car and on her way to his place at the drop of a dime, and she wanted to stand on her decision.

"Well, hopefully, we don't see him tonight." Raelynn grimaced from the driver's seat.

Nairobi rolled her eyes, she definitely didn't even think about the possibility that she would run into him and now she was really wishing that she had stayed home. "Yeah, imma definitely need another blunt and some shots." She said as she passed the blunt to Shadae.

"We already got you girl I had my brother get us a bottle it's in the trunk," Shadae reassured her.

Nairobi smiled, dapping up Shadae who sat with her fist out. Now slightly feeling hopeful for the night.

"Oh my god, It's so many niggas out hea." Raelynn screamed as they finally pulled up to the block where the party was a few minutes later.

They sat in the car observing the large crowd as they finished passing the blunt around, and took their first shot of the night.