CLOUDED

Her entire drive back home, Nairobi had decided that she wanted to apologize to Jacobi. During her drive, She had the opportunity to tell Shadae and Raelynn the dilemma that she was faced with. She explained that while she was firm on her answer, she found herself missing Jacobi more than she had thought. He had become apart of her daily routine, and there was no denying that he made her happy.

He always helped her in any way he could with her school work, he would pick her up from her classes to take her to eat. She would constantly come home to flowers at her campus apartment. All around Jacobi was sweet and nice and went out of his way to see her happy and content.

It wasn't that Kaier lacked those things in their relationship in the slightest. But towards the end of their time together his mind seemed to be somewhere else at times. It felt nice to be with someone who didn't participate in activities that required him to be out till morning. Or watching their back because of whatever beef they had created.

Her friends encouraged her to reach out and have another conversation with him. She was nervous about how willing he would be to talk to her but she wanted to apologize for acting like she didn't care about how they ended.

She also knew that they were bound to run into each other while at her brothers gender reveal later in the day. Her hope was that they were able to have a more productive conversation than they had a few days ago.

Despite enjoying her time spent with Jacobi, Nairobi didn't know if she was necessarily ready for a committed relationship. She had been in a relationship all of her teenage years and now at almost twenty years old, she was enjoying getting to know herself as a freshly single girl who was about to be a women.

One thing her mother always stressed to her was learning how to be by herself. Sunny was in a relationship most of her life, and she had explained to her daughter how it contributed to her inability to leave Sekani. Sunny had never truly learned how to be by herself.

She was always honest with her daughter because she didn't want her to have the same fate. Sunny would never regret her life because she ended up with her children but she didn't want her daughter to make the same mistakes. Neither did Nairobi, but it was proving to be harder than she had thought.

Her heart pounded faster as she pulled into his apartment building, arriving faster than she would have liked. She checked herself in the mirror before getting out and walking into the lobby and straight to the elevator. She got off the elevators, not as sure about popping up as she was during her drive.

She knocked softly first, when he didn't response, she furrowed her eyebrows, slightly knocking harder.

Her heart dropped when his door opened and his ex Sasha was on the other side, crossing her arms. "Nairobi?" She questioned with an attitude.

Nairobi took a step back trying to process what was happening, she looked up again making sure she was at the right door number. "Don't be answering my door like you still live here," She heard Jacobi tease as he approached the door.

She took another step back before turning to go back to the elevator, deciding that she no longer  want him to know that she popped up. She walked swiftly hitting the button, multiple times as she felt the tears already welling in her eyes.

"Who was it?" Jacobi asked as Sasha shut the door before he could make it there.

She turned around a look of disgust on her face, "Why is Mook's little sister showing up at your door?" She raised an eyebrow.

Jacobi's heart immediately dropped, he automatically knew how it would look to Nairobi since Sasha opened the door. Despite their argument he didn't want her to think she had caught him fucking his ex. He fast walked to the door snatching it open, he hoped to see her on the other side.