REVENGE

Nairobi groggily rolled over, her throat sore from last night's events. She had almost forgotten that she had spent her night at Kaier's home as she looked around the room. She could hear his deep voice in his living room, throwing back the large comforter. Walking into his bathroom, she was appalled at the way her hair sat on her head. She found an extra toothbrush in his bathroom, before brushing her teeth and relieving her bladder. Attempting to somewhat return the order to her head before she exited.

As she walked out of his bathroom, she spotted Kaier who occupied his couch shirtless as he played the game, his morning backwood hanging out the side of his mouth. She quietly sat beside him, realizing she hadn't checked her phone since after she left her mother's party. Most messages were from her parents questioning her whereabouts since she had failed to let them know she wouldn't be returning home.

She shot her mother a text letting her know she was alright before checking each of her friend's locations to ensure that they had made it home safely. Kaier screamed at whoever he played the game with, finally acknowledging her presence as he passed her the wood. She thanked him before inhaling, as she reclined further in her spot on his couch. She did her best to ignore her thoughts about last night's events as she scrolled down her timeline.

Fifteen minutes passed before Kaier spoke to the other person on the line letting them know he was getting off of the game. He sat up to cut the system off and placed his controller on the TV stand before plopping beside her. Out of habit, he leaned forward placing a kiss on her temple, wrapping his arm around her to pull her in. She relaxed into his arms, lying her head back on his shoulder as her eyes closed.

They sat in a comfortable silence, Nairobi shuffling through her thoughts. "You good?" he questioned breaking the silence between them.

Nairobi shrugged, honestly not knowing how she felt. Kaier sighed shaking his head, "You heard from Mook yet?" he added, slightly changing the subject. He knew that Nairobi's brothers would do anything for her. He figured that by now the alcohol and anger would have left his system prompting him to reach out.

She nodded, "Yeah fuck him and his apology tho," she spoke her eyes still closed.

After sobering up, Mook realized just how much he fucked up with the words that he spoke to his little sister. He was angry because he never wanted this situation to be a part of her story. His anger was more so at the fact that he couldn't protect her from everything. However, the liquor in his system placed his anger on the wrong person. Of course, his twin hadn't let him forget it but he understood, he could only imagine how his words had affected her. Since he'd opened his eyes he had sent her a plethora of messages apologizing and assuring her that he hadn't meant what he said.

He chuckled, "You gotta talk to him sometime Nai, don't let this shit fuck up y'all's relationship."

She shrugged, "I didn't he did. I would never talk to Mook like that, I just can't fuck with him right now."

"I get it," he spoke validating her feelings. "You know he just saying shit outta anger though, that nigga Boog pissed me off too. I can't even imagine how Mook and Shiloh was feeling."

Nairobi sat up slightly, turning to make eye contact with him. "So I'm supposed to forgive him because he was mad? I was the one who got embarrassed, not him." she squinted not liking his attempt to see both sides.

Kaier sighed, "I'm not saying that I lost a brother before Nai, don't let that nigga be the reason why y'all fall out. You never know what could happen."

"And I lost a dad before, so I'm not getting your point? I'm the only person who has to acknowledge that we're family? Mook didn't acknowledge that shit when he talked to me like a stranger." She replied attitude now laced in her voice.