CHAPTER 18

Authors Note:

So sorry for the extremely long wait of 80 days or so ... from now on  until I finish my book, I will be updating at least once a week to make up for all the times I have missed! I love you so much, so please follow me on Instagram. ( gracewrites0 )

Also, I'm so sorry for how short this chapter is; the future ones will be much, much longer.

__________

It was the day before the big fight, and I was getting lost in my thoughts as I drove to school. The only topic that was on my mind was none other than Colten Mother fucking Black. He seems to always be in my mind these past couple of days.

It never occurred to me that I would behave in such a way with Cole since he is my best friend's brother. There was something about the way he held me and caressed me that seemed right. After everything that had happened, I might not have been able to think straight and unknowingly done it.

But if I wasn't thinking, why do I yearn for him as a pulsing heart does for oxygen? Why do I look to the sky at night and wonder if he's also looking? Why do I care so much for someone I can't have? 

The rumours of his playboy side and watching as he broke girls' hearts never scared me; it intrigued me. For someone I've spent some time hating, he's not as bad as I thought. Which is strange, but maybe that was a sign of some sort that I would enjoy his presence.

Perhaps when the stars shined that night, we aligned.

I stare at the roads in front of me, watching as other cars drive past me and the rain starts hitting the front windshield. I hope he doesn't leave me wanting to forget everything.      

__________

COLTEN POV

I took the day off school to settle my head. The thoughts that were running around were becoming intoxicating. They became mistrustful and dominating to the point I felt like I couldn't breathe, but there's a reason for all this.

Her.

The way that her eyes stare into mine is bewitching and captivating. I can't get enough. Looking at her, I've never had a worse notion in my life. She drives me crazy.

A singular touch of her hand on mine sends tiny little electric jolts through my body. I would say it thrills and excites me to the point that I'm always craving her touch. Some would say that scares them, but it doesn't, not for me.

It's become an obsession but pleasantly. It's like someone getting so involved in a book that they forget about eating or sleeping and read it all in one day.

There's a problem with all of this, though.

Lily is Sammy's best friend, and knowing what Sammy is going through right now, I can't hurt her. Not when she is starting to get better. When mum told me what happened, I was scared and didn't usually get nervous about things.

I ran to my room after mum explained the situation, my body was shaking, and my chest felt incredibly heavy. My breaths were short and staggered; I was struggling to breathe. I turned the tap in my shower too hot and sat on the floor, still in my clothes. I was trying to feel something other than my harsh thoughts.

Everything flew into my head, and the worst possible outcomes were at the top of the list, but she's better now. She needs to improve, or I don't know what I'd do if it got worse.

I heard the front door open and close, which pulled me out of the panic I was starting to put myself in. A knock sounded on my door, followed by its opening. My dad was standing at the door wearing his work attire.

"Hey, son, how are you?" He asked tiredly, running a hand through his hair. Confused as to why he's in my room, I respond hesitantly. "I'm good. Are you okay?"

"Work was tiring, and I have a massive headache. Your mother told me you were not feeling well and wanted to stay home. Are you sure you are okay?" he asked concernedly.

Showing a small smile, I responded, "The past couple of days have been way too stressful, and I just needed a day to rest. If you know what I mean."

He comes over and sits next to me on my bed. "I know what you mean, and I've been running around trying to find these people that think it is okay to murder innocent people and then reassure everyone that our town is safe. Which I don't think it is anymore." He croaked out.

Placing an arm around his shoulder in an embrace, "everything safe, dad; as long as you are working, this town won't be touched again." With a quiet voice, I assured him that everything was fine.

"Yeah, you're right. Just been a big week. Sorry for loading all of that onto you." My dad sorrowfully spoke. He pauses for a moment and lets out a heavy breath. "I wanted to ask you a question."

Oh shit.

I sit quietly, unsure of what he is going to ask. He could ask anything and know who I am or what I am, for that matter. My nerves make me take my arm back from around him, fumble with my hands, and pick at my skin.

"Have you spoken to Lily?" He finally speaks up.

"What do you mean? I drove her home from the police station." I answered back matter of factly.

He stood and came closer to me, "I didn't mean that. I meant to ask how she was doing?" My father asked wholeheartedly. "I heard her in the questioning room, and she sounded extremely upset about everything happening. I know that she's Sammy's friend and not yours, and you probably don't talk to her too much, but please ask if she's okay the next time you see her." His voice was genuine and slow like he was making sure I heard everything I said.

Slowly I made my way out of bed and came to sit beside him while speaking quietly, "From the conversation we had in the car ride back from the station, she just seemed slightly shaken up. I think she needs time to heal from this."

"Yeah, you're right. Next time you see her, please make sure she's okay. She and Sammy need comforting." My dad's voice became more assertive, and he stood from the bed, walking over to the door.

I nodded in understanding, wanting the conversation to finish so I could return to resting peacefully.

"Sammy will be home soon." That was the last thing he said before he turned around and walked out of my room.

My laptop was now on, and I was watching a movie or trying to watch it. I couldn't cope with my mind getting distracted by either Lily or Sammy. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't stop. My laptop was slammed shut as I screamed in annoyance, and I covered myself with blankets. I might as well catch up on sleep that I've been missing the last couple of days if I can't watch a movie.

Feeling the mattress below me and the pillow underneath my head, I hadn't realised just how tired I was until my eyes shut, and I couldn't open them until I heard the front door slam open and loud voices interrupt my sleep.

***

Don't forget to vote if you liked my story x

Also, if you can please shout my story out or show it to your friends (with credit), I would absolutely love you!

thank you xx

© ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 2022 ©

BADBITCHES804 ON WATTPAD