Chapter 2

Y/n POV

It's Friday already!? God yesterday went quick.
I wake up thankful I have today off of work and look to see a message on my phone from Misoa regarding the details for tonight.

Misoa: hey guys! We are meeting in the restaurant at 6:30pm. The table is under the name Misoa if you get there before anyone. It's fancy dress so can't wait to see everyone :) xx

The nerves kick in again as I imagine arriving late and everyone turning their heads to stare at me. I usually have my anxiety under control but it's a new country so it's been a little more overwhelming than I thought.

I get out of bed heading to my kitchen to make a coffee and sit on the balcony with Shadow. She rubs her head against my legs then stops as she watches a bird fly by.

"Tonight will be fine right Shadow?" Her ears twitch as she hears her name but she's not interested enough to actually pay attention.

The morning and afternoon go by due to spending it rewatching The Office and before I know it I have two hours to get ready and get there.

I race to the shower where I wash my hair and do some of my skin care. I then step out and get my hairdryer to finish doing my hair with a simple half pinned up look with my curtain bangs loose. My makeup nothing to bold but a little eyeliner and mascara to compliment my outfit. I put on my grey, thin strap, fitted dress with stockings and a pair of black knee length boots.

I have 15 minutes left to get there and thankfully it's a short walk away so I quickly grab my bag and say goodbye to Shadow as I step out the door.

I'm outside the restaurant at 6:35pm so I'm a little late but I walk in and see everyone has arrived and sitting down at the table. I head over and everyone looks around while Misoa gets up to greet me.

"Y/n! You're just on time. This is everyone." I go to sit down in the seat next to her as she goes around the table saying all of their names. She eventually gets to Dylan who's seated at the end of the table next to me.

How did I not notice him right next to me? He's looks really good right now. Wait what?! I can't be thinking that. Misoa is just getting that idea into my head.

He looks at me and stares for a second then smiles. I get all nervous so I quickly smile back and look down at my menu while Misoa starts talking about her birthday so far.

We start to say our orders but I see Dylan in my peripheral vision looking my way so I look up in case there's something on my face but he quickly looks away while playing with his hair.

Once everyone has gone around to say what they want Dylan turns to me. "So Misoa was saying you moved here not that long ago?"

He leans his arms on the table so he's a little closer as I reply which makes me blush a little. "Oh yeah I moved to America a few months ago from Australia so I'm still getting used to things here."

"Australia? Woah that's big!" Says Oscar sitting opposite me.

"That's what she said." Dylan mumbles to himself with a smug look on his face but still loud enough for me to hear. I giggle at his joke causing him to look up and make eye contact with me while everyone else is focusing on the food that's just arrived for the table.

We both smirk a little until I have to look away.

"Well if you ever need help with anything or need a familiar face around, I'm here." He mentions to me while fidgeting with his Gucci necklace.

There's a rush of butterflies in my stomach and my head gets a little distracted so I miss Misoa's question and she nudges me with her arm.

"Hmm what?" I'm all flustered now and I hear Dylan laugh a little to himself.

"I was asking if your food was good." She nods towards me as a way to ask if I'm all good. I nod back to her and start to play with my ring.

Dinner is just about finished and everyone is starting to get ready to leave. I go to grab my phone near the end of the table but I accidentally knock it off towards Dylan.

"Oh sorry! I didn't mean too!" I start leaning down to reach to it but so does he and our faces become a few inches apart. There's a moment for like 2 seconds as we make eye contact but I start to blush again so I look away and start to say sorry again.

"It's all good. You don't need to apologise." He picks up my phone and hands it back to me.

Everyone gets up and starts saying goodbyes. They all hug me saying it was great to meet me and we exchange our numbers. Misoa, Dylan and I are walking out after everyone. Misoa turns to us and gives me a mischievous smile and begins to say goodbye to us and then turns around.

I start to panic.

I can't be left with Dylan alone? I only just met him and he's really tall.

I go to call her back but she's too far now so I slowly turn towards Dylan who is also nervous? I can't tell.

He looks down at me with his round glasses on.

"So where did you park?" He asks.

"Oh I walked. I live a few buildings down from here." I wrap my arms around me as I'm getting a little cold in the dark.

He notices and starts taking his jacket off.
"Here I don't need it. I can walk with you if you want?" He smiles a little.

My head gets all flustered as I'm now wearing his jacket which is two sizes too big and I could be walking with him for like 15 minutes.

What do I do? Should I say yes?

——————————————
This is a pretty long chapter so I hope you like. The next update will be coming up.

Xx