Chapter 42 :

JACE

It's been a month since I asked Clary to move in with me, yet again she haven't given me an answer. Maybe it's still wasn't enough we've been together for like two months now, maybe she doesn't trust me enough for her to move in. I know she has secrets, I have too. Maybe I was going too fast I thought.

Our arrangements seemed to work, every other weekend me on her place, her on mine. Still I wanna wake up with her every single day. Izzy for the record sort of moved in with Jon after they got engaged, her stuff is filling up almost Jon's closet now, not leaving any space for him. 

"I have a walk in closet, yes. It's big enough yes. But still it wasn't big enough for the both of us..." He says frustrated, Clary and I can't help but laugh when Jon said that last week.

Izzy still has her other clothes at her place though, she can't move it all in together. I sighed. I just woke up from Clary's bed and the first thing I did was to think. Clary groaned waking up.

"Jace. You are thinking again..." She says with her hoarse voice, looking at me.

"I'm not. I just woke up...." I say, smiling at her.

"You are. You have that look..." she murmurs softly. "It's not like that, don't worry.." 

"Come on, let's grab some breakfast...." I say standing up, stretching my hand to her. She smiled and grabbed it.

As we walked downstairs we saw Izzy preparing breakfast. Good thing though her cooking is going pretty well. Still she can't cook other meals, she can cook only for breakfast. Because every time she tries to cook for lunch or dinner it never ended up good. Clary and I sat on the counter.

"Good morning, Izzy...." Clary says. Izzy turned around at us, smiling.

"Oh good morning, Clace..." She says. We looked at her confused. She raised an eyebrow at us and smiled.

"Clary and Jace. Clace..." She says. We let out a small chuckle.

"So what are you guys doing today?" Izzy asks us.

"We don't know yet Izzy..." Clary says, smiling looking at me.

Soon we are both eating, together with Jon, Simon, and Izzy. We were talking about Aline and Bass who started dating again. Yes, they're dating again, Thank the Angel Bass, man up.

"I think Bass is gonna propose pretty soon..." Clary says. I almost choked when she said that.

"I don't think he is...." Jon protested.

"I agree. Too soon...." I say.

The conversation ended there, Jon and Izzy volunteered to do the dishes while Clary and I went back upstairs to her bedroom. This is like our daily routine when we are together. Wake up, Eat, Go back to bed until Lunch until we decided to go out. Things are really better, and I'm not denying it, I'm loving Clary more and more, but still we both know we have secrets just that we both don't know how to say it. I groaned as I plop myself to bed, Clary chuckled and sat on the sofa grabbing her sketch book. Yes, she's sketching again. I love that about her, She's always so easy. Yet again, I love staring at her while she sketches or do something, she always concentrates on her stuff.

Few minutes have past that seems like hours, my phone beeps same time as Clary's. I grabbed it and read it. Street wars, again.. I keep receiving every week, and I managed not to go, but this time..... I look at Clary who's at her phone. I don't ask who it is, she seemed so calm so I think it's no big deal. I'm not the possessive kind of boyfriend, anymore, I trust her enough.

"So what do you wanna do today?.." I asked. It's been a while since I've been in the streets, it's kinda hard to sneak out. I hate keeping secrets from Clary really, even though there is only one. I sighed.

"I don't really know. Umm. I'm gonna talk to Jon for a sec, be right back..." She says. Standing up, pecking me on the lips. Huh, that's new. It must be pretty important or some kind of family stuff.

CLARY

When I got that text, I swear I wanna scream. It's been a long time since the last time that I raced. Jace and I got the same message at the same time, but it didn't bothers me at all, we're kind of not into a phone checking stuff kinda thing. When Jace asked me what I want to do for tonight, I told him I don't know. Because really I wanna go out to the streets, and I can't tell him that, I'm afraid that he won't let me and if he finds out, well it's kinda dangerous yes. Still I love being in the streets, and I am afraid he won't let me. I told Jace, I have to talk to Jon and I'll be back in a jiff.

"Jon..." I knock into Jon's door.

"Oh great, I know you would come...." He says, smirking.

"Did you receive the message too?" I asked, Izzy's on the bed reading some mag while Jon sat on the edge. Before Jon could answer there's another knock on the door. Oh crap, I hope it's not Jace.

I look at Jon and nodded. He opened it.

"It's just Simon... " He says, Simon walks in.

"I'm guessing you got the message?" He says. I nodded.

"What on earth are you talking about?" Izzy asked, from behind, we looked at her. She raised an eyebrow waiting for our answers. Right, Izzy knows about the Street wars, not to mention her cousin manages it. In 1 month Izzy finally learned how to drive with a stick, Jon had been teaching her it's his promise to her. I envy them a little, they don't have secrets between them, Jon loves how Izzy is so into learning. Jon is now teaching her how to race properly, He also stopped laying low and they've been going every weekend for Izzy to learn, I love that Jon approves to it though. I hope Jace would approve too.

"Race tonight...." Jon simply said. Izzy's face lightens.

"Jon I wanna go. But I don't know what to tell Jace..." I say sadly.

"Well, I can ask Jace, that I will borrow you for the whole night because I missed you a lot...." Jon says. I looked at him that says 'seriously' he chuckles.

"Goodluck sneaking out Clare...." Izzy teased.

"I hate you...." I say in my sass voice. They all let out a chuckle.

"Well, I bet Jace is looking for me. Jon order some Chinese...." I say and left.

I came back looking like nothing happened. I saw Jace looking at my sketchbook when I entered. He was smiling, he is beautiful indeed I thought.

I cleared my throat and he looks up at me smiling. "You know If you wanted a nude model you could ask me...." He says standing up, walking towards me, and smirked. Soon his lips are in mine. I snaked my arms in his shoulder, tugging on his blonde locks, he groans he really loves that. I smiled and pulled away

"What do you want Jace?" I asked teasingly, knowing that he wants something that he can't say it without getting too much clingy to me. He looked at me shocked first but then he relaxed and pulled me towards the bed him sitting while I stand in front of him.

"Boys night? Bass and I...." He says. I raised an eyebrow at him. It's quite odd but, I also wanted to go out with Jon...

"So you are going home?" I asked.

"Yes?" He says. It's more of a question than an answer.

"Sure you can. In fact I was about to ask you also because Jon wanted to hang. He misses his twin so bad...." I say. He chuckles and pulled me making me sit on his lap. I bring my lips to him, kissing him.

DUNNN x