Chapter 75: Jace's Birthday

CLARY

It's been five days since I've found out that I'm having twins. I couldn't be elated when Mom and I found out. I've been crying since those words came out of the doctor's mouth. I feel happy and angry at Valentine at the same time. I'm having twins. Jace and I are having twins, and I couldn't be happier. But there's still the fact that he cannot know, with Valentine threatening the baby and the life of Jace, I don't know what should and shouldn't do. Mom and I met, came to Celine that day immediately after the appointment, she also cried when I told her. She said that we should tell Jace about it, but I reminded her what about Valentine. Her expression then changed telling me that I'm right, I shouldn't tell him.

She also told me that, if I won't tell him, I should break up with him. That shocked me the most. That she would tell me that, that she demanded that I should break up with Jace. Not that I don't want to, I know I should do it, but I can't. I can't be the one who'll break up with him, it should be him. I can't say those words to him.

"CLARY!" Izzy's voiced shocked me. She just yelled at me.

"What the hell, Izzy..." I said annoyingly. We are taking our lunch in the cafeteria when I started day dreaming again.

"You zoned out. Again!" She said.

"Sorry..." I told her. She sighed. Tessa, on the other hand, is looking worriedly at me, thank the Angel the boys are at the other table.

"I'm fine. Just thinking. " I murmured.

"So Jace's birthday is coming..." Cece said. My eyes widen that I forgot about it. I haven't even planned something.

"Seeing the looks on your face, you forgot. Jace wanted to have a small gathering. Just us. " Cece told us. I nodded.

"Where will it be? " I ask them.

"Your place, of course..." Izzy told me with a playful smack on my shoulder. I smiled.

"Alright, then..."

_________________________________

With the sound of my alarm, I immediately stood up, rubbing off the sleep on my eyes, getting into the shower. Nathan and I have a meeting at the Wayland corp, at nine in the morning.

I showered and got dressed into my corporate attire.

"Where are you going?" Jace's hoarse voice booms as I was fixing my makeup. I turned around smiling at him.

"We have a meeting at the Wayland. Didn't I tell you?.." I ask confusingly.

"You didn't..." He said, his voice is masked with annoyance. But I didn't bother asking him why, he's so annoyed, given the fact that he just woke up.

"Sorry. But I'll be back later at noon..." I told him, standing up, strutting towards him, took a seat right beside him.

"Let me drive you..." He said. I stopped him and said that I'll be fine and gave him a quick kiss.

JACE

"Hey, Clary just left. Why is she on the rush?" Jon asked me the moment I went downstairs. Izzy and Jon are making breakfast together. Just like Clary and I before, I wonder when would be things go back the same way before. I rubbed the back of my head grabbing the chair to take a seat.

"She said she had a meeting.." I told them casually. Izzy looked at me.

"Did she even greet you?" She asked, as she gave me a plate of pancakes with a 'Happy Birthday' on it. I chuckled.

"Thanks. Good for you, you remembered..."

"She didn't?" Jon asks. I shook my head.

"Are we still on later?" Izzy asked.