Chapter Five: Winning Attitude

Gavin POV

Zayto, Ollie, Amelia and I were at Pine Ridge High, as we went over to Izzy, Javi and Tristan. Izzy was training for the upcoming cross-country race.

"Hey, gang." Izzy greeted. "Meet our cousin, Lily."

"Hi." Lily said.

"She's my trainer too." Izzy said.

"Hi, Lily." Zayto greeted.

"Nice to meet you." Lily said.

"Lily, you must be a great trainer, I'd do anything to run like Izzy." Ollie said.

"Would you wake up to train at 5 A.M.?" Izzy asked.

"So, maybe not anything." Ollie said, and we chuckled.

"Then you're not a champ like us." Izzy said. "Show them your pic."

Lily shows us a picture of her, with a medal.

"Cool, medal. How'd you get that?" Amelia asked.

"Fifteen-hundred meters track event, at the Special Olympic World Game." Lily said.

"Special Olympics?" Zayto asked.

"They help setting sports event for all kinds of people, not just those without disabilities." Izzy said.

Lily starts speaking, about being in the race with her disability. "No one can beat me." She said.

All of us laughed a bit.

"Lily's worked out a top-notch training plan for me." Izzy said. "And she makes the best proteins smoothies."

"Maybe, you'll get your own medal, at the cross-country race tomorrow." Lily said.

"A medal would be great." Izzy said. "My dad wants me to set a state record. Like he says, you can only prove you're the best..."

"By winning." Izzy and Lily said, as we laughed.

"Oh, I gotta go, and meet my friend." Lily said. "See you at two o'clock at our last session, okay?"

"See ya then." Izzy said.

"Bye." Lily said, and we said bye to her.

"Izzy, Solon wants to see us." Zayto said.

"Sure, I'm done anyway, let's go." Izzy said.

[̲̅K] [̲̅N] [̲̅I] [̲̅G] [̲̅H] [̲̅T]

All of us are now at the base.

"I may have discovered your missing Zords." Solon said, as a holographic image of a mountain appeared. "This is where the orb with your keys was found years ago, in Greely Woods."

"Hey, my race will go through there." Izzy said.

"Oh, I get it." Javi said. "So, if our keys were there, then maybe our Zords are in that area too."

"But they'd probably be buried after all this time." Ollie said.

"True." Tristan said.

"It's gotta be." I said.

"I think with a few supplies, I can build something to detect Zord Energy. No matter how buried it is." Solon said.

[̲̅K] [̲̅N] [̲̅I] [̲̅G] [̲̅H] [̲̅T]

All of us appeared in front of the Sporix Beasts.

"Ugh, someone smells like rotten fish!" Amelia said.