Chapter Six: Superstition Strikes

Gavin POV

All of us appeared at the heart of BuzzBlast, as we were alerted of a monster. I was wearing a Yellow Jacket, with a White Shirt underneath, and Black Jeans.

"I don't see, anything." Zayto said.

"Let's keep looking." Izzy said. "Otherwise, I'm gonna go finish my homework. I'll take a Sporix Beast, over algebra any day."

"Agree." Tristan said. "Math's the worst."

We heard noises, and went towards it.

"There!" Javi said, as we went over to it.

We saw a figure covered in bubbles.

"Hang on!" Amelia said, as she grabs a hose, and wash away the bubbles. "Pop-pop?" She said.

"Pop-pop?" I said, as we went over to him.

"Thanks kiddos." Pop-pops said, as he puts on his cap. "...Just me doing some window washing." He said, then he notices everyone. "Are you Amelia and Gavin's new friends?" He asked. He said his catchphrase. "I'm Pop-pop!" He said, as he hugs Zayto.

"Please to meet you, sir." Zayto said.

"He used to work around town." I said.

"And apparently at BuzzBlast." Amelia said.

"That's a lot of windows to clean by yourself." Javi said.

"Maybe we can give you a hand?" Amelia said to Pop-pop, when she saw the dirty windows.

Pop-pop Jones said something about cleaning Amelia's bedroom, and we laughed a bit.

"Hey, that was years ago." Amelia said. "I clean my own room now."

"Feels like it was yesterday." Pop-pop said. "Anyway, I can deal with a few dirty windows, it's only two stories."

"Actually, it's three stories." Ollie said.

"That's much bigger then I remember." Pop-pop said.

"Really, we'd love to help." Zayto said.

"Okay, then, grab those sponges." Pop-pop said. "No! The ladder!" He screamed, as Amelia went under it.

"Oh no! I walked right under it." Amelia said.

"Oh no." I said.

"What's wrong?" Izzy asked.

"Oh, you walk under the ladder, you have bad luck." Pop-pop said.

"Bad luck? Why?" Zayto asked.

"Nobody knows why, it just do." Pop-pop Jones said. "I walk under a ladder as a boy, then my hamster has a headache, my Grandpa lost his teeth, two months later I had a case of chickenpox. Oh, it was so itchy."

"Two months?" Ollie said. Pop-pop nodded. "You can't be serious."

"We're not joking Ollie!" Amelia said.

"Oh, come on! That makes no sense." Ollie said. "There's no such things as bad luck."

"You always have to be such a-" Amelia was about to say, but she gasped, as her sweater was ripped from the ladder. "My favorite sweater."

"The bad luck's already started!" Pop-pop said.

"Better go change into something old, before my luck ruins it." Amelia said, as she begins walking away.

"Careful of the cracks in the pavement, and don't cross a black kitty cats path." Ollie said.

"That's good advice, Nugget! You should listen to this smart boy!" Pop-pop said.