I Glow

I've been kissed before. However, I've never been kissed. Like holy shit. The second Rowan's lips met mine I melted into a puddle and felt sparks shoot through my entire body. I felt insanely safe and relaxed while simultaneously feeling wired and ready to run a marathon.

His lips began to move and even with the knowledge that I was in a dangerous situation, my body didn't care. I instantly moved my mouth with his. His lips were so soft and warm against me. He knew how to apply just the right amount of pressure so it was intense yet gentle.

When his tongue swiped gently at my lips I didn't hesitate to open my mouth. The second our tongues met a different feeling filled me. It felt as if a mini sun was sitting inside my stomach. It was both pleasant and unpleasant at the same time. I yanked away gasping before looking down at my yellow glowing hands.

GLOWING HANDS?!?

"What the fuck did you do to me?!" I hollered trying to sink back into the chair to get away from Rowan.

"Hey, hey, breathe. I'm not doing that, you are." Rowan said in a calm voice.

My eyes snapped up to meet his.

"What are you talking about?" I asked quietly.

"What do you feel the urge to do right now? Do it, trust your instincts." He replied.

Without removing my eyes or thinking I brought my hands up and cupped my nose. The little sun in my belly got uncomfortably hot while the dull ache that's been in my nose faded. I removed my hands and watched as his face lit up.

"You're a healer! You must be sent by the goddess as a gift to the pack!" Rowan said sounding excited.

"I don't know what you're talking about, why doesn't my nose hurt anymore? Why did I glow for a little bit? Why did you kiss me? Why di-"

"One question at a time, okay?" Rowan cut me off gently.

"What just happened?" I decided to ask since it encompassed almost all my questions.

"Well, I know witches magic is ignited by strong emotions so I kissed you. You glowed and healed yourself because you're a healer." Rowan explained.

"A healer," I repeated to myself. "Are there other types of witches then?"

"Yes, there are healers, nature workers, animal workers, element workers, and dark witches."

"Hold up? Element workers like 'Avatar the Last Airbender' kind of elements?" I asked.

Rowan chuckled before replying, "Where do you think the idea came from?"

Damn, why couldn't I have fancy element powers? Wait a minute, though. I have powers. That's fucking crazy.

"So I'm a witch? Like actual magic from story books kind of witch?" I asked still not quite believing it.

"Well, your hands just lit up and you performed magic so I say yes."

I gasped suddenly. They don't like witches.

"Did you just trick me?! Did you kiss me so you'd have proof enough to kill me?" I asked feeling fear rise in me.

Rowan looked annoyed or upset in some way.

"You're my mate. No one's killing or hurting you." He replied in a low tone that made my heart flutter.

Okay, so he says he won't hurt me. I believe him, most likely because of this connection we have. However, I'm still a prisoner. A part of me doesn't want to think about escape, but I have to be realistic. Rowan is one man, there's a whole pack of werewolves in this mansion who'd love to see me dead. There's no way I could actually be safe here. The question is how do I escape? Could he track me down with the mate bond? Would he track me down if I ran?

Before I could go too far down my rabbit hole of thoughts the door to the bedroom flew open. In came the young guy who was in the interrogation room earlier. Looking at him now, he must be Rowan's brother. They looked almost the same except for Rowan having more freckles and the other guy having long hair.

"Sean, what is it?" Rowan asked his brother.

Okay, so they've got Rowan, Ausha, and Sean. Quite the names, they sound very Gaelic to me. At least the first two, I don't know about the third, that sounds pretty normal. Although Rowan and Ausha might be normal names in wolf packs.

"Patrol duty ran across enhanced rogues, they're in rough shape." Sean said snapping me out of my thoughts.

Rowan's face lit up before saying, "Sylvia can help."

"Sorry, what?" I asked

"You can heal them!" Rowan exclaimed grabbing a hold of my wrist and tugging me after him.

"I don't know how to! I mean, I've barely processed that I have the ability at all, let alone how to control it." I explained as Rowan continued to drag me through the halls of the mansion with Sean trailing behind.

"She's a healer?" Sean suddenly cut in.

"Yes! Doesn't it make sense? The moon goddess sent her as a gift to the pack, not as punishment." Rowan said sounding a little excited.

Suddenly I was dragged into a room that looked like an old fashion hospital. Multiple twin beds were set up side by side along each wall. 'Harry Potter's' infirmary wing is coming to mind.

After I took in the set up, I noticed two men and a woman occupying three beds. One of the men and the woman were passed out, the other man was awake and screaming. The only thing the three had in common was how torn up and bloody they were. I don't get queasy easily, but the smell of decaying flesh hit me like a freight train.

"I thought they just got hurt, why does it smell like that?" I asked.

"The rogues who attacked them were enhanced by a dark witch." Rowan explained.

I felt my throat close up. I think I'm glad I don't have the ability to do that to people. I gently slid my wrist out of Rowan's grasp and walked towards the man awake and screaming.

Come on glowing hands. I could use you right now. What's got a lot of emotions for me? My adopted parents were huge on never letting emotions get out of control. You take them acknowledge them, and tuck them in a compartment where they belong before it builds up to an uncontrollable level.

I turned around and looked at Rowan.

"Umm, I think you might have to kiss me again." I said quietly with my cheeks tinging pink.