Chapter 1

The scene opens to a man inside a changing room inside a church, only showing the bottom part of his face as he looks at a mirror, checking out his suit for the occasion when he is suddenly interrupted by a door opening.

Woman: "Pardon my intrusion, groom. The bride is ready."

The man turns around, revealing only his smile.

Man: "Thank you."

The scene quickly changes inside a dimly lit guitar workshop with multiple guitars ranging from damaged or brand new all over the workshop. A boy with greyish hair and brown eyes and is wearing thin glasses is seen snapping back to reality as he finds himself holding a soldering iron that is pointed at a white electric guitar with exposed electronics. He looks behind him to see a middle-aged man with similar features as him approaching him and looks at his work.

 He looks behind him to see a middle-aged man with similar features as him approaching him and looks at his work

???: "Naoto, it's kinda late to work on this, don't you think?"

The boy now known as Naoto looks up to the old man, to see a nameplate on his polo shirt named "Takeo" on it.

Naoto: "Dad… Well, Sota wanted a quick replacement on the pickups on his new guitar. So I'll get it done tonight and bring it to him tomorrow."

Takeo: "Really? He got a new toy? What did he get?"

Naoto: "A Schecter Omen Extreme 6. The Diamond plus pickups are already decent enough, but he still wants a Seymour Duncan. We can keep the electronics, so that's good. We scored 40,000 Yen on this job."

Takeo: "Good taste, perfect for Metalcore. Anyways, how's Fuutaro? I haven't checked on Isanari for a while now."

Naoto continues to work on the instrument as he responds.

Naoto: "Fuutaro's still practical as ever, I keep treating him to lunch against his will."

Takeo chuckles.

Takeo: "That's him, alright. Anyways, good thing you're awake by the way."

Naoto: "Why?"

Takeo: "I found a way for you to make more money and probably more friends."

Naoto stops working.

Naoto: "Huh? I'll take the money but I have enough friends."

Takeo: "Your Cover band, Fuutaro, the manager where you and Fuutaro work for, and the desk guy at the local guitar store."

Naoto: "That's like… seven friends. I'm good."

Takeo: "Then for the money, sure."

Naoto: "I'm happy helping around here and the cake shop rather than making more acquaintances."

Takeo: "As much as I want that, the offer is too good to resist."

Naoto: "Eh?"

Takeo: "Well, you could use your smartass to tutor someone, 25,000 Yen per session."