Chapter 7

I'll try and update more frequently - but no promises
Mason's POV
Today was the day that I needed to let the boys know about Harper, she is the most important person in my life and I want her to meet some of the other people in my life that mean a lot to me. She already knows all about the boys, and calls them all uncle something. It's really sweet and I know she enjoys watching us play every week and sometimes she come to Stanford bridge. I couldn't wait for her to meet the boys as I knew that she would live more people to play with

As I parked up at cobham training ground I worked up the courage to go in and tell them all about her. The only reason I didn't tell them about her when she was born was because I didn't want to be judged by the team. Now I realise that I don't care what they think as long as some of them want to have some part in harpers life than that's fine. I have tried to protect harper and have done so for the past four years. I know when we go to the World Cup she will be in the spotlight and so I want to prepare her for it.

I walked into cobham and saw that the boys were getting ready to go out to train. I had decided to tell the boys after training in the meeting room as coach had already called a meeting after training to talk about the match on Saturday against Leeds. I walked over to my locker and go out my boots and training gear, I got changed into my gear and sat down next to chilly. I haven't seen him in a while because of his injury.

We all walked out together onto the training fields together, each of us talking in our little groups.  We started out with some little passes with a pair, I was with Reece and we were having a laugh. We did some shooting and some set pieces. I was really getting into it and was preforming quite well if I do say so myself. At the end of training we decided to play a mini match to get us competitive. After that we all got called into the meeting room. I knew that after the tactical meeting I needed to come clean with the team.

Coach talked about tactics for about half and hour and during this time I was training to prepare myself to tell the team. Most of these boys are like brothers to me and I didn't want them to feel bad for me about Harpers mum leaving, or not talk to me because I am a young dad. Tuchel had finished explaining how we need to win on Saturday and I knew that my time was nearly up. I knew that this would help the team as this weight had been on my shoulders for a while and I haven't been able to preform like I should be able to. Just as I came back to my senses I heard ruched mention something about me having an announcement. I got up and began talking.

"Ok boys I don't really know how to say this. I have been keeping a secret from all of you for he past four years. I wanted to tell you but I needed to protect the person involved in the secret and I also didn't want you to look down on me. Now I want to finish before any of you ask me questions. Four and a half years ago a few of the boys here might remember me dating a girl named Molly who I know none of you really liked, and neither did I but she gave me the best gift ever. She gave me a daughter."
I could hear a few gasps around the room but I carried on.
"Harper Debbie Mount was born on the 16th of October 2017. She was a beautiful baby girl and since Molly wanted no part of the child I got full custody of her. This means for the past four years I have had a daughter that none of you have known about, and I'm sorry. She is my world and my everything and since she is coming to the World Cup soon I thought you deserved to know about her."

I looked up at all the boys faces and all of them seemed shocked. This must be a shock to them, if Declan came and told me he had a child I would be shocked so it must be the same for them.

"I will answer any questions if you want to ask any."
"Does she play football?" Chilly asked.
"Yea she does, she might be playing it now actually."
"Who do you leave her with when you go to camps." Reece asked.
"Usually my parents but sometimes Declan rice looks after her or Gareth Southgate."
"Does she know who we are?"Mendy asked
"Yea she knows all of you. You are all uncle something, so in Christian's case he is uncle Chris. She has come to watch some matches with my sister and can defiantly recognise you all."
"Can we come meet her?"
"Yea of course head over to my house. Also Thomas would you mind coming, she asked for you earlier."
"No problem mason I'll be right over to see that monkey!"
A/N I wanna keep with the people she already knows so Rudiger,Alonso and Tammy are all still at Chelsea.