Safe with me

I look down at the small stick in my hand. Reading positive.

I place my hand on my belly and then look into the mirror, turning my body sideways and noticing the small bump.

I take a deep breath and then turn towards the closed door, opening it.

I walk out, seeing Stephen sitting up on his bed, receiving treatment.

"Stephen."I say softly.

He slowly looks over to me and then smiles.

"Hey."he says groggily.

"I'm pregnant."I say.

A wide smile breaks his face and he chuckles.

"I know."he says.

I huff in relief.

"You know?"I say.

"C'mon Goldie, look at your little belly."he says with a smile, making me blush.

"W-well. There's also something that I...well.."I couldn't seem to find the words.

"Your window of conception is small. But its still most likely mine. Not loics."he says.

I release my breath and then relax my shoulders.

"I kept thinking you were going to freak out."I say.

"What's the point of freaking out when I know that my beautiful girlfriend is carrying our beautiful child."he says softly.

He seems so confident. I smile as I walk over to him, embracing him in a hug. He hand slides down and rubs against my belly and I chuckle.

"I want a boy."he says against my belly, making me chuckle.

Suddenly I look down, seeing the releases on his table.

"Radiation? Why are there radiation treatment releases on your bed tray?"I ask, backing away.

"Oh..well..I got a second opinion on the mass in my lung and we'll he suggested that-"I immediately cut him off.

"Do you know what that shit will do to your body? To MY body?! You're not getting radiation treatment, that's it."I say.

"But Goldie, I'm trying to get better. I just want to be able to go home and be there for you because you're always here for me."Stephen says.

"There are better ways than radiation!"I say.

"There may be better ways but not faster ways. It's only a few rounds Goldie come on."he says.

"Stephen, I really don't want to see you go through this."I say softly.

"What are you talking about?"he asks.

"Stephen you've had cancer for a long time, you know radiation is so much worse than chemo. There are more side effects, and what if you get radiation poisoning?"I ask.

He huffs, dropping his head into his hands.

"Fine, fine I won't do the radiation."he says.

"Thank you."I huff, putting my hands on my hips.

He grips my waist and pulls me closer, making me chuckle.

"I bet you knew I was gonna say yes to you."he says.

I chuckle as he pecks my lips a few times.

"I can be guilty of using your weaknesses against you."I say, batting my eyelashes at him and making him chuckle.

"It's gonna be hard to say no to two sets of pretty eyes like that."he says before passionately kissing me.

I chuckle into the kiss as he slides his hand up my body.

I moan into the kiss and he smiles.

"Awe, it sounds like you miss me."he smirks as I cup his cheek.

"You have no idea."I say.

He chuckles before kissing me again.

"Well, maybe after I'm finished with this treatment we can slip away somewhere."he says, making me smile and gasp excitedly.

"Really? What if you're too sick? I don't want to hurt-" he cuts me off.

"Don't you worry about me, love. There's one thing cancer can't kill in me, and it's my sex drive."he says, making me chuckle before he pecks my lips once more.

"I love you."I say softly.

"I love you."he responds softly.

...