The Harmony Hut

We had been kidnapped into the harmony hut, despite our protests, threats, and physical restraint.

The room reminded me a lot of a fresh kindergarten teacher's classroom. There were cliche inspirational posters hung all over the walls, Disney movies lined the shelves, an uncomfortably large couch was in the center of the room. There was an old tv, and everything was bright. The lights, the walls, the furniture. Looking at Wednesday and Pugsley, I could tell this was their nightmare.

So, I tried to distract them with random questions. "If you had to sacrifice any member of your family, who would it be?"

Wednesday looked impressed with this question, quickly responding in sync with Pugsley. "Pubert."

"Really? I think I would say my mother. At least Amanda is pleasant every decade." Wednesday and Pugsley looked surprised. "Yeah! When she has headphones in or is totally silent. Mother-"

The door opened, a young boy around twelve years old being pushed into the hut. He looked sickly pale with dark hair, glasses, and a rather scrawny body. He was what someone would draw were they asked to draw a geek.

"Have fun!" Gary yelled.

"What are you in for?" Wednesday asked, mostly uninterested.

"I wanted to ready book." The boy replied.

"Not on my time, nerd!" Gary suddenly snagged the book out of the boy's hand before harshly closing the door.

It was silent for a moment before anyone spoke. "I'm Joel."

"I'm Veronica, this is Wednesday and Pugsley." I have a half smile, letting things fall silent again. I glanced at Wednesday, who seemed to be reading the letter from home again. He seemed worried, before he came to what appears to be some sort of conclusion. His hair was in his face a little, due to him running his hands through it stressed. His eyes were focused, and his lips were straight as normal, except for a slight smile that he seemed to be fighting off.

Suddenly, he looked up, startled to see me staring at him. I quickly looked away blushing, but I noticed a small color to his cheeks that wasn't their before.