Home

I'm not sure what I was expecting Wednesday's home to look like, but it was definitely not this.

Of course, I knew it wouldn't be like my own house, but the graveyard out back was concerning. The black walls and overall lack of effort in the landscaping was incredible. None of this is to say it wasn't perfect. Despite its rough appearance, the moment we approached their house, I felt at ease. Even when a hand jumped up on Wednesday and seemed to look right at me I felt at home.

Wednesday seemed surprised at my overall lack of a breakdown, but pleased nonetheless. He still thought to hold my hand for comfort, a much appreciated action.

We entered without knocking, as people were scurrying in and out of the home, setting up the graveyard for what would surely be a beautiful wedding.

To my surprise, Wednesday began to lead me up the stairs before I stopped him. He looked at me expectantly.

"Well, umm ... I think it would be polite to see your parents first. And thank them for having me."

Wednesday looked at me for a moment, almost curiously. Then, his constant calm facade broke as he grinned widely and started to laugh. Embarrassed, I was quiet for a moment while he continued, until I started laughing too. Eventually I calmed down. "I'm not sure what's so funny about that."

"It's just, you're so different from us." Seeing the look in my face he qualified, "Not that you wouldn't fit in, but the way you were raised. But, I suppose it would be polite to see my parents."

With that, he lead me further up the stairs towards what seemed to be a study. Inside, a man, presumably Wednesday's father, sat with who I assumed to be Wednesdays mother was. He looked at her adoringly, as they seemed to be in a rather ... intense moment. I flushed, embarrassed that we had intruded, but Wednesday seems unbothered. Are they always like this?

"Wednesday!" The man exclaimed as he rushed to embrace his son, his wife following suit. He turned to me, surprise in his eyes, before seeing our hands still together. He turned back to Wednesday. "Is this her?!"

Wednesday smiles. SMILES! "Yes."

"Mi figlio!" He laughed, "This is my wife Morticia, I am Gomez."

"Oh yes! We actually met, at the start of Camp Chippewa. Remember, my sister is the girl with the bangs who doesn't know how to be polite?" I reminded, grimacing.

"Of course! We are glad our son has brought you. It is an honor to meet the future Mrs Addams!"

Morticia interceded before I could digest that, "Oh let's not take up too much of their time. Wednesday why don't you show her around before the wedding."

Wednesday did as instructed, pulling me out of the room before I could truly understand any of what had occurred. He lead me to a room a floor above. It had a queen sized bed, black walls, sheets, and a large bookcase filled with books. He sat on his bed while I wandered to the bookshelf. Pondering in silence, I thought of Wednesday's strange behavior. It was as if being home brought a whole new Wednesday out. As I did, I asked, "Wednesday?"

"Yes, ma vie?"

"Did you tell your father about me? I thought he hadn't mailed besides the wedding information."

"You are correct. I did not."

My eyebrows drew together. "But, earlier, your father asked if I was her? Who is she?" I didn't mean the venom in my voice but it found it's way out.

"Are you jealous?" He laughed. "Come here."

I looked at him questioningly before obeying.

"I'm sure you noticed the way my father and mother were when we walked in. All over each other in love?" I nodded. "Well, when I was growing up watching them, I was a little bit jealous myself. You see, I saw other people's parents and family members and I never saw any couple like my parents. I wanted what they had. So I asked my father about it. He told me, that when he met mother, he remembered feeling as if nothing else in his life had mattered up until that point. That everything he had done was only so he could meet her and fall in love with her. He told me that someday I would find someone, and have that kind of love with them."

"So, when he asked if I was her, he meant ..."

"The woman I will be in love with until our dying breath."

As I looked at him right then, I felt as if I had never lived, and would never live without him. We both began to lean in until there was no space left, and our lips met.