Reincarnation

Inside the dark room of someone’s house, one boy seems to be staring at his computer desktop lifelessly at 12 A.M. As the room is filled with darkness, the only light source he gets is only from his desktop. Nothing else. Just random thoughts rushing through his mind as he is procrastinating from his studies. 

Living in a modern life sure seen to be rough. Credit, reputation, maintaining a good image, and living up to expectation. Those kinds of things can be demanding. At least, social credit is not one of my worries. Surviving in this modern world maybe sometime harder than living in the past. With these kinds of complicated things, I would rather go back to past, help my granddad or dad shooting some British when they invade the country. Well, Simplicity is sometime the best after all. 

Those thoughts come rushing to me as I was procrastinating from studies. Nothing to distract from this lonely feeling. My stomach rumbled as the clocks make a beep noise as it’s reached 12. A.M. Just your typical lonely boy’s midnight thoughts questioning about the life.  

Well, even if I said that, my life had been not that bad like some people. Being rejected by my so-called “first love a second love”. Although, it is just because of me, wanting to get attention from my crush and being Jealous. I mean, I would also easily get annoyed if someone did that  

After that, becoming outcast and couldn’t even make friends due to being rejected. At the worst of that, my emo-phase got mixed in with those feelings, thought to himself that “No one could understand me, if only he knew” Hahaha, if I can, I would punch myself 

Even after graduating from the school successfully, military took over the country for second time. Yeah, Second time! You heard that rights. Although military taking over scenario stuffs happened at 1988, Government just thought that they deserve second chance. But it happens again. 

For me to experience this thing, my luck is so bad that even FGO Pity Gacha won’t give me SSR after 6 months of playing. Well, at least, copping method I always use is something called “You gonna just rolls with what you got” 

 Going through those thoughts, one notification popped up on the desktop. “Let Sing!! Weekly KARAOKE~~~♪” Aqua Minato, popped into my phone notification list. Aqua Minato, A Virtual YouTuber from hololive. I discovered her around 2019 when the world started to burn down. Well, you couldn’t be wrong if you said Aqua is my life at one point. Teenager Phase! Even right now, I am aiming for scholarship to Japan for the reason like Hololive Concert, buy merchandise. Yes, my dream is to go to “Land of the Weeb” , oh wait, no, I meant “Land of the Rising sun”   

Vibing to Aqua’s singing, I thought about how much she had improved or how much she had changed over the times. Of Course, these are all positive changes. She had made more friends, got more popular. Right now, her merchandise prices keep increasing that even poor college student can’t afford. Jokes asides, her praises are sung on everyone mouth I know. And I wondered, “How she keeps improving restlessly” 

“I would like to see her up close. How much she will keep improving or how many challenges she will face.” In short, he would like to learn more things about her. That is the only thing that is wandering around his mind when he was listening to Aqua and eventually fall asleep on the desk.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

“I do hate to inform you that but, you are dead” 

The strange person informs Y/N about his death. There he was, in the seas of clouds. They stretched as far as eyes can see. Admits of all things, this strange person that called himself “God” informed him that he is dead. For a dead man, he certainly didn’t feel lifeless. Or rather, it is peaceful being dead.  

“I am afraid that you had been killed by Military air’s strike” 

Considering he is living in a war zone where everything can explode. That is not surprising or rather, it has been miracle that he had been alive without injury for two years.  

“Young Y/N, are you not a tad too calm in this situation? You are very much dead. I had thought you would have been more panicked, or perhaps even furious.” 

God asked Y/N indeed a logical question, but for him, sometime he thought that “Being dead is more peaceful than being alive”. When he was young, he was certainly afraid of death like any other boys and girls. The moment he was taught the principle or system of death, he always keeps praying to God that “God Please, let me be in heaven, Not Hell” Poor boy’s little mindset. Due to military, he was being forced to be mature, accepted that death is possible outcome at any moment. 

“Well, to be honest, it feels more peaceful without any worries... So, well, it is okay” 

Though, he is certainly worried about his family but there are no regrets. At the same time, even if he must count how many regrets he has, there are too few to mention. Only one regret is he had played Aquarium visual novel demo but never knew the ending due to it hasn’t been released yet. 

“Ahh... I see” 

Certainly, the young man in front of him was abnormal. He couldn’t experience what youth really mean. 

“So, Heaven or Hell? “ 

“Oh, no. Perish the thought! You are not even old enough to be in heaven, since your situation is a bit special, you’ll be resurrected in a moment, don’t you worry about that.” 

“Oh neat, that is cool. I thought this kind of checking would be kind of strict.” 

“No Problem, I put a little gift, so enjoy your life to the fullest, young man” 

“Well then, until next time.” God saw me off with a saintly smile, and he blacked out in an instant. 

Y/N POV 

When I woke up, the first thing I felt was my eyes being dazzled. Light filled my vision, and I narrowed my eyes in discomfort. Once my eyes adjusted to the brightness, I found a young green-haired woman gazing at me. Beside her was a man with brown hair of a similar youthful age, giving me a stiff smile. A strong and arrogant looking man. His muscles were amazing 

“あなた見てみて男の子だよ” 

(Darling, Look! It is a boy)  

”良かったよ。。俺父になっていた。ありがとう。。本当ありがとうよお母さん .”。 

(What a relief... Thank you, I had become a father.) 

I tried to stand up and ask them, "Where is this place, and who are you guys? Why are you speaking Japanese" 

Even if I was an anti-social, I still wasn't a complete failure at communication. I could still do something like this. But I couldn't tell if what came from my lips was a groan or just heavy breathing. 

No, maybe I had been in a coma for dozens of days, and it had caused my body weight to go down. It had been such a huge incident. There was large possibility that I had lost an arm or a leg! 

Until I found out that I was reincarnated.