September 1, 1987

DustyBun has created a group chat
DustyBun has added _stalker_
DustyBun has added #1mom
DustyBun has added GayBoi
DustyBun has added Eleven
+6 more

DustyBun has named chat "Hawkins Fruitbowl"

DustyBun: Hey gays!

Weedkiller: yeah Dustin?

_stalker_: who's weedkiller?

NancyDrew: ?

GayBoi: probably Argyle

_stalker_: ok... why are we here, Dustin?

DustyBun: cuz I'm bored and this is free entertainment. Suck it up.

SuziePoo: yeah, we're bored. Shut up.

...

All: SUZIE?!

SuziePoo: hi. I believe I've met some of you?

DustyBun: you visited my Suziepoo WITHOUT ME?!

SlightlyGayForWill: we were looking for El, she was the nearest hacker we knew.

GayAuntRobin: I'm more concerned about Mike's username. Seems sketchy to me 🧐

SlightlyGayForWill: CRAP
SlightlyGayForWill: DID YOU MAKE SUZIE HACK ME?!

DustyBun: well, I'm not wrong!

SlightlyGayForWill: Nance, help me out here, would you?

NancyDrew: no, I'm with Dustin on this. And seeing you try to hide it and fail miserably is an added bonus.

Eleven: what does "gay" mean?

#1mom: umm...

GayAuntRobin: it's when a boy likes boys instead of girls. Like, romantically.

(Internally cringes at own writing)

UnknownUser: or a girl likes girls. But that's usually called being lesbian. That's like Robin.

CameraMan: how the hell did they get on here?

DustyBun: no idea. It was supposed to be a private server.

GayAuntRobin: ...
GayAuntRobin: do you even know who we are?

UnknownUser: of course

SlightlyGayForWill: then who are we?

UnknownUser: well, you're Mike Wheeler, NancyDrew is Nancy Wheeler, GayAuntRobin is Robin Buckley, GayBoi is Will Byers, _stalker_ is Lucas Sinclair, Eleven is El/Jane Hopper, CameraMan is Jonathan Byers, WeedKiller is Argyle, and I don't know him. DustyBun is Dustin Henderson. SuziePoo is Suzie, Dustin's girlfriend. And of course, #1mom is my mother. Any questions?

#1mom: uh, yeah. Are you Erica? Cuz she's the only one of my kids who isn't here already. And do you know my real name?

UnknownUser: yep. You're Steve Harrington. You went to Hawkins High School. You worked at Scoops Ahoy at Starcourt Mall in 1985, an went under the mall and got drugged and tortured by Russians before the mall "fire". You then worked at Family Video with Robin Buckley until the "earthquake" in Hawkins. And yes, I live here. I'm not Erica, and you're forgetting one of your kids. Who has, believe it or not, woken up.

All: WHAT?!