✎ | charm of seven

Charm of Seven[ bts + female oc ]

Charm of Seven
[ bts + female oc ]

STATUS - slow updates
GENRE - fantasy, fanfiction, action,
adventure, romance, comedy
COLLABORATION WITH - sunseokd
SERIES - not available

DESCRIPTION

This isn't goodbye, for our story has no end.

In the purest of moments, if one experiences an emotion powerful enough, it is said that spirits made from the human's emotion are created. These spirits are called Charmers. But those who don't have the ability are completely oblivious, as no one can see Charmers aside from their Keeper.

Joo Seola, on the other hand, has never even heard of this tall tale, focusing instead on her nonspiritual group of friends. Having known them for years, Seola doesn't question if they're real or not, but when she returns home late one night and is attacked, she is soon introduced to a whole new world that she never knew existed.

Now Seola and her ragtag group of seven must decide between balancing out the nature of the universe or risk tearing the world apart. But what's more is that the farther they run, the worse a war between light and dark becomes.

And the only way to save both worlds is to overcome the impossible: stop running.

EXCERPT FROM Charm of Seven
[ from chapter six, 472 words ]

"At Joon's party." His eyes never left the unconscious woman. "When I was washing those towels, she came into the washroom. But it was almost like she was possessed or something. I guess she still is." Mochi and Seola shared a look, finally able to piece together the missing puzzle pieces as he continued.

"She... I-" He broke off with a swallow and a shake of his head. Gesturing to Kookie, he knelt beside the twitching woman. "Give me a hand with her."

"What are we gonna do with her?" Despite his question, Kookie still knelt on her other side, preparing to lift her.

"What else? Toss her out the window."

The room gasped. Mochi had put Seola down, leaving her to take a tentative step toward the three. "Isn't that a little harsh, Suga? It's like you said: she's acting as if she's possessed by something. She isn't doing this of her own will."

"So you would rather wait for a possibly possessed woman to wake up and try to kill everyone here?" Suga's words came out harsh, but they needed to be said. "She tried to kill me once, Seola. Why do you think I flinched when you grabbed the collar of my hoodie that one night? I'm not risking-"

He didn't get to finish as the woman suddenly sprang to her feet. She knocked her forehead against Suga's, rendering him splayed on his side and clutching his forehead. Not able to react fast enough, the woman grabbed a handful of Kookie's hair and slammed him into the wall.

Startled, the only one who could move was Joon, who carefully dragged Suga out of harm's way. And as Seola watched Kookie struggle-his face turning blue-something inside her snapped. Without hesitation, she ran into Suga's room, grabbing his guitar from its stand. She gripped it in both hands as she hurried back.

With as much strength as she could muster, she rose the guitar above her head and swung it against the back of the woman's head.

The guitar splintered, little pieces of wood falling to the ground as the woman buckled to her knees. Simultaneously, Kookie fell forward, hunched and coughing as he tried to regain his breath as the woman fell to her side, blood pooling from the hit.

Seola gasped as the adrenaline left her in a rush, the shattered guitar dropping from her hands. She, too, fell to her knees, tears threatening to fall at what had just transpired. Gently, she felt a hand against her back. She didn't look to see who knelt behind her; she merely turned around and buried her face in their shirt.

"It's okay..." V whispered, his hand rubbing her back in calm circles. Seola felt his frame shaking despite the steadiness of his voice. "It's over now."

If it was over, then why did Seola feel as if this was just the beginning?