Resurface

"Are you ever going to wake up?"

The proposed question broke through the darkness underneath my eyelids, causing me to open them to the sight of another pair of closed eyelids in front of me. My vision rendered as the female slowly opened her eyelids, revealing lavender based eyes that reflected a tint of rose when touched by light. She released a yawn, which was quiet, and looked at me.

"You say that, but you are barely awake... wait... You... You..came back?" I spoke with a question, a raspy tone overtaking as my vocals warmed up. She frowned for a moment, and then took my hand, before she spoke. "You would be disappointed if I didn't, wouldn't you?" She then giggled, and moved to sit up from underneath the sheets that covered the mattress. I turned from my side to catch a full view of the female, who was dressed in what appeared to be an emerald, fully zipped hoodie of mine, and her orange panties. Her cyan hair flowed in its length, down to her lower back, which was hidden due to her facing me (And my hoodie), but expressed by its entanglement on the bed. I sat up in awe and disbelief at the person in front of me, and spoke soon because of it. "But you left..he took you away..."

The female shook her head and responded after I spoke my fragments. "Had I been Eureka, he would have...had this been a different verse, I would have been her..." She looked down when she spoke, as if she was disappointed, and then spoke once more with an uprising giggle. "It must be confusing to have bumped into so many coralians huh? I mean first Eureka, and then Anemone? And now you have me! Your own personal Aurora..." She seemed cheerful with her words, but the excitement was short lived between those words, and her next. "Though I may look similar, I am not Eureka. I can tell... I can tell that she has left her mark." Aurora reached forward from her kneeling position, and placed her hand upon my, currently, bare chest, then looked into my eyes with hers full of water. "They loved you dearly, her and Anemone... but they did not belong here keeper... they were not yours to hold onto... their selfishness was cruel. Mine... well, mine won't be the same."

She smiled at me, as if she was ready to burst with an overwhelming joy, the tears practically on the edge of piercing her lids. I caught my composure, and took her hand into my own, holding it firmly in my palm. Her hand was indeed warm, proving her existence, which cracked a smile at the corner of my lips and brought a sense of relief. "I don't believe it will. After all, this isn't the same world Renton or Dominic lived in right? This is their dream." It was becoming a recollection to me. This was the perfected world that they dreamed of, where humans and coralians co-exist. "After all, you've been around for some time now huh Aurora?"

She would nod as a response to my words, slowly closing the gap between us with an arms embrace around my neck, and mines around her waist. We discussed more in depth the things that had happened: How I had fallen into a coma, the meetings of Eureka and Anemone, my past with them, and how I had simply relived the chain of events while unconscious. Aurora explained that she had waited for me to arise once more, though it had only been a week, and reminded me of our relationship since the parting of the other two coralians. Their existence in my life were but placeholders: events that weren't supposed to take place, but ultimately gave me the knowledge of the beings, as told by Eureka. The relationships with human-like coralians were far and few, an extreme rarity, despite their coexistence with humans now. It had been a year or so since they parted, but I had been with Aurora for at least a quarter of a year now, which made me feel worse about the fact that I was remembering Eureka and Anemone, but Aurora pardoned such a thing.

"I've noticed that you hold onto your past as if it could be changed." She spoke to me softly, after we had taken our seats on the swing outside. My home had changed, not just in occupation, but in style as well. Where it was open, and welcoming in the bare amount of furniture, it had now become scenic to match the coastal cliff outside its walls. Really, all that had been added were some floral arrangements, this swing near the cliff, and the garden outside my home with other floral arrangements. It was not my garden, rather, it was Aurora's a place of peace and mental stability that she held dear. She was right in her words, I didn't let go of things, especially things that were impactful to me.