Episode 4 : Naira's First Day

Hey guys, here's the next episode. Please vote and comment.

Happy Reading..!!

<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•

Bangalore

St. Joseph's School

Naira is seen walking in the corridor in a hurry

She is on her way to her classroom. She is holding a mathematics book in her hand and continuously glancing at her wristwatch.

Naira(murmuring to herself): Shit....I'm so late today....all because of that man....(scoffs) uski wajah se admin se bhi sunna pada...woh bhi first-day par....(sighs in defeat) I hope I don't lose my job...

At last, she reaches her classroom and looks at the board above the door of the class.

III C

She takes a deep breath. She was going to teach after a long time, precisely after a gap of one year. Yes, she was nervous. But then, she tried to remember why did she choose teaching as a profession? She could have settled for a well-paying and steady government job like her father had always wanted her to. Why did she have to go against her father and disappoint him?

It was because she knew she could never be happy in a 9 - 5 desk job. Her happiness resided in interacting with kids and making them learn new, interesting things every day. For this very reason, she had done a double masters in mathematics and psychology. She had been a child counsellor at her previous school. She always had a way with kids.

Gathering enough confidence, she plastered a warm smile across her face and entered the classroom with positive energy. But her smile faded as soon as she saw her daughter leaning against the wall and standing in a corner with a sad pout on her lips.

The kids were on alert as soon as they saw Naira entering the classroom. All of them stood up at once and wished her in a sing-song way -