PROLOUGE

snow was finally going down infront of the l/n household. y/n l/n, would usually go out every time there's snow on the ground, but this time it was different. the h/c hair colored girl was feeling unwell for the past weeks. usually a cold or a fever would go away after three days, however, this wasn't either of them if it's been going on for a couple of weeks.

the girl stood in-front of her mirror and violently combing her tangled hair. after that, she put on some sweats and a sweater to be comfy in the freezing cold. although, her quirk already warms her body, she still loves the feeling of comfort in comfy clothes.

Ding!

a noise came out of her phone. she immediately picked it up and saw the notification was from her best friend.

zu-zu
hey y/n! hope you are feeling better!
my mom is wondering
if you want to come over for christmas
eve? only if you're feeling better ofc!

y/n smiles at the sweet message she's gotten.

flamethrower
thanks for the nice words zu-zu!  <3
i would love to come over during christmas
eve! i just gotta ask my mom first, but
she will definitely say yes.

izuku midoryia has always been the nicest to y/n. when they first met, y/n protected the emerald boy from getting bullied. soon, they were both like two peas in a pod. they did everything together: played in the park, had sleepovers, hangout almost everyday.

but now, they are both teenagers. midoryia is going to the best hero school after he miraculously got his quirk and y/n is home schooled because of her mother. still, that did not stop these two in being best friends.

"y/n, hurry up! we are going to be late for your doctors appointment!" her mom shouted from downstairs.

y/n quickly puts her phone in her pocket and then ran downstairs, "sorry i was texting izuku."

her mom was getting the keys and puts on her shoes, "ah, midoryia. that kid is the sweetest dont you think."

her eyes turned soft when she hears her mom say good things about him, "yeah, he is the sweetest."

"now, let's go! we are going to be late!"

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

"i'm sorry about this y/n." the doctor says in sympathy, "i can prescribe you some medication to help, and also get a portable oxygen machine you can bring home so you won't have to come to the doctors often."

y/n just sat there in shock. is this really happening?

y/n took the courage to ask this question, "am i dying?"

"y/n don't say that!" her mom scolded, still trying to process the news.

the doctor saw the looks in both of them. they look scared, frightened to hear what he is going to say. he saw these type faces many times before, but always seeing this breaks his heart.

the doctor weekly nodded his head, "your quirk, even if you don't use it, is still harming your insides. it produces smoke inside of your body, which greatly affects your lungs. if you do use your quirk often, you'll feel the affects of it in your body."

the girl felt like she couldn't swallow her own spit. her throat was locked up and couldn't even make a noise. she looked at her poor mother who didn't know how to react. after hearing her daughter is dying is something she can wish to forget.

"how long?" her mother whispers.

"if she continues using the oxygen mask and the pills, i would say less then a year. but if she doesn't, 3 months." the doctors replied, "again, i'm sorry for the bad news." he left the room.

y/n couldn't move. she felt like her body was frozen in place. she couldn't talk either. her mother, walked over to y/n and gave her a big hug and crying on her shoulder, "sweetie, i am so so sorry."

still, y/n couldn't move. she didn't know how to process this information. she didn't know what to even do with this information. what is she going to do now?

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

once they got home from the pharmacy so they could pick up the pills, y/n went straight to her room. she started to panic and asking herself so many questions.

"why me? why is my quirk harming me? how is this happening. i mean i know how this is happening but how? why? why!" y/n mumbled to herself.

after she got out her state of panic, she started crying. she sat down on her bedroom floor as the tears fill her e/c eyes. the tears and sobbed started to fill the quiet atmosphere in her room. her eyes started to turn red, after scratching it hard so she stop the tears falling out.

soon, her mother came into the room. her eyes are also red from the tears falling off her face, but no tears are coming out of her eyes. y/n's mom sat next to her daughter on the floor. she took y/n's head and put it on her shoulder so she can rest it there.

"y/n you don't deserve this. you haven't lived your life yet. you're only 15." her mother says, trying to hold back her tears.

y/n only stayed silent, not knowing what to say.

"just know, i'll always be here if you need me, okay?" her mother says, looking at her daughter.

"i know that mom," y/n replied. they both sat there in comfort silence, until y/n's mother had to leave to go to work.

now, y/n was sitting in her own silence. her mothers words replaying in her head, you haven't lived your life yet.

"you haven't lived your life yet." she repeated. then an idea came into her head.

she scurried around her room looking for a piece of paper. after she found one, she sat on her desk and starting to write on it. the pen in her hand effortlessly kept on writing with no pauses. once finishing, she looked at the paper and gave a weak smile:

my bucket list before i'm gone
1) gaze at the stars with someone
2) meet at least three new friends
3) have my first kiss
4) get a tattoo
5) meet a pro hero
6) attend high school for one day
7) drink alcohol
8) pull an all nighter
9) ride on a ferris wheel
10) hangout with zu zu and tsuki together

"this is what i'm going to do before i die."