Scout X Reader but you're fighting cyborgs and pirates

(A/N: I swapped from using Open AI + AI dungeon to Open AI + Inferkit, so from here on out chapters are going to be much more random.)

You were just minding your own business, hanging out near the enemy base and trying to gather information on their plans. Suddenly, you heard someone approaching from behind. You turned around to see the Scout, looking like he was about to say something.

"Hey, sorry to startle you," he said. "I was just wondering if you had seen any of the other members of my team around here. We're supposed to be meeting up soon, but I can't seem to find them anywhere."

"No, I haven't seen them," you replied. "But I'll keep an eye out for them. Good luck finding them."

"Thanks," the Scout said, before running off in search of his teammates.

As you walked around the base, you were going through your normal routine. Nothing special was going on that day. You were just patrolling the area, trying to look for signs of enemy activity.

But you suddenly heard a voice coming from behind you. It sounded like it was coming from near your team's base. The speaker wasn't loud, but it was enough that you could tell it was coming from an area that you were normally pretty well hidden from enemy eyes. You turned around to see the Scout, still standing nearby.

"Are you alright?" the Scout asked. "You didn't hear that?"

"No, it was coming from this direction," you replied, pointing toward the direction you heard the voice.

"It sounded like it was coming from this area," the Scout said. "Were you checking to see if the enemy was around? I hope they didn't try anything. They seemed pretty interested in your team. I'm not too worried, though. As long as you kept your shields up, you should be fine."

You suddenly felt a shiver go down your spine. You didn't really know why, but you were scared of the Scout. You'd seen what he could do with his mechanical parts. After all, those were supposedly some of the strongest in the area. You were also turning into a hero. Was that what had the Scout so freaked out?

"What's wrong?" the Scout asked, noticing that you were scared.

"Nothing," you replied, hoping that it was just a scare.

"You don't seem very heroic. It was a lot easier to defeat them than I thought it would be. I'll have you know, I've never actually failed to defeat any of the cyborgs or pirates in my life."

"I'm sorry," you said, trying to make eye contact with the Scout. "I'm just scared. I don't want to let you down."

"You'll be fine," the Scout said, almost sounding too confident for your liking.

The Scout raised his arm, firing off a grenade. You dodged it, and he quickly chased you. You began to run, but it didn't take long before you were caught in a blast radius from a grenade.

You were dazed for a moment, but you quickly got back up, only to see Scout and Spy running straight at you.

You watched in horror as the Scout detonated his grenade, and both he and the Spy took massive damage. They both fell to the ground, motionless. You looked at the area that the blast had come from, and saw two more of the Scout's teammates laying on the ground, unconscious. You could tell that they had been also caught in the blast radius of the Scout's grenade.All of the sudden, Ms. Pauling was running into the battle scene. Her armour had gone white, and she seemed very concerned about your survival.

"Damnit - wake up!" she said, shaking you. "Are you alright?"

"What's going on?" you asked, confused. "Why did Scout attack my teammates?"

"Don't think like that!" she said. "The pirates have broken the team's unity! They've formed an alliance with the cyborgs! We must help them!"

"I've already been fighting these pirates for days!" Heavy said, jumping up and down. "Don't you think I've already lost enough of my limbs to give up?"

"You are more than capable of returning to your teammates!" Ms. Pauling said.

"Quick! Come with me!" Ms. Pauling said, grabbing you and Heavy and running towards the enemy base.

You looked over at your teammates to see if they were alright, but they had all completely disappeared, and you couldn't hear their voices anymore. You began to panic. Was this the end?

Ms. Pauling led you and Heavy into the base, and into an empty locker room. The entire interior was decorated with metallic signs and objects. There was a laser gun mounted on the wall and a map of the area that was painted on the floor.

"We need to find the enemy team's plans," Heavy said. "If we don't get them soon, then we won't have a chance of defending this city. You can stay with me here and try to find out where it is, or you can take the rest of the way and come to my position."

"I think I'll stay here," you said, but you didn't mean it. You were just too worried about your teammates. If you were alone, you'd probably be dead.

Suddenly, Scout arrived looking panicked. "[Y/N]! Quickly!" he said. "You have to get out of here!"

"I'm on it," you said, running towards him. You just hoped that your teammates had survived.

"What the hell is going on here?!" Ms. Pauling said. Heavy simply nodded, as if his position didn't matter.

"The cyborgs are forming an alliance with the pirates," Heavy said. "We need to stop them!"

"There's no hope in that!" Scout said. "They're too strong!"

"Perhaps I'm not as certain," you said. "Ms. Pauling, you said that the cyborgs couldn't be broken. Can you tell me why?"

"Don't worry!" Scout said. "We can stop them, [Y/N]! You and me!"

"I - I -" you said. The knot in your stomach was almost unbearable. You knew then that you were in love with him.

Suddenly, your team reappeared. Except for one thing. There were no pistols.

"What the hell?!" Ms. Pauling said. "Where are my pistols?!" Medic coughed, looking like he was about to puke.

"We had to ditch them," Demoman said. "Don't ask me why."

"These damn metal cyborgs are stronger than us!" Scout shouted, almost dropping dead. "We'll only be able to beat them if me and [Y/N] team up."

You nodded at Scout, and the two of you left to go fight the pirate cyborgs.

(A/N: did medic fucking eat the pistols)