The BriarwoodsPart 1

Word count: 3394
(dress for the party but the white is red)

I was running through the woods again on the horse, that our fastest rider had me get on so that he could stay and fight the hounds that were chasing us. But as I rode through the forest I saw bodies of my mother, father, the servants, soldiers, everyone who fought and died for my family, for me; hung up in the trees different typed of way that they could have been killed flashing before my eyes. My parents beheaded or their eyes gauged out, I started breathing heavily as the horse went out from other me and I rolled through the snow until I got stopped by a rock, groaning in pain I stood from where I stopped and looked up to see the bodies of Vox Machina and at the front of all of them was Percy's body, with a sign that read 'You could have prevented this.' Written on it in blood.

Waking up with a small scream I jerked up in bed my hand on my chest breathing heavily. "Ophelia?" Percy asked rushing into the door of my room and at my bed in seconds pulling me into his arms. "Are you alright?"

"Yes, yes, sorry Percy, I didn't mean to wake you, it was just a nightmare." I said softly leaning my head against his chest still trying to slow my heavy breathing.

"You didn't wake me; I woke from my own nightmare." Percy said softly stroking my platinum blonde hair gently.

"Was it also about the Briarwoods..." I asked trailing off softly.

"It was." He said and I looked up at him to see a faraway look in his eyes.

"Will you lay with me for a little while? Like when we were younger and one of us would wake from bad dream." I asked softly blushing.

"Of course." Percy said a blush forming on his cheeks also as I lifted the covers allowing him to crawl into bed. Lying beside me, he pulled me against him as I rested my head on his chest.

"Do you remember when we were nine, and Cassandra convinced me to play a prank on you by changing out all your pens to exploding ink ones that we created together." I said softly giggling at the memory of it.

"I was so mad at the both of you. Mother had the cleaning lady spend weeks on trying to get the stains out before finally giving up and just buying me a new set." Percy said shaking his head as he chuckled softly at the memory. "You begged me for three days to talk to you again when I tried giving you the silent treatment."

"You never were good at ignoring me when you were mad." I said looking up at Percy as he looked down at me staring at me with his beautiful green eyes.

"You're a hard person to ignore." Percy said quietly his eyes flickering down to my lips before back, up for a second. Feeling brave I leaned up and gently kissed Percy resting my hand on his cheek as I felt his arms wrap more firmly around my waist pulling me closer, causing me to gasp softly and Percy, took that as a chance to deepen the kiss.

"We should stop, Percy... before we make noise that's gonna wake everyone else up and piss them off." I said as I broke the kiss gently pushing myself up by pressing my hands into his chest, as he groaned quietly rolling his eyes.

"If I was Scanlan, I wouldn't give two fucks about taking you and having everyone here it, but since I'm me, I'd rather keep those sounds for myself." Percy said making me blush and laugh quietly hitting his arm as I lay back down with my head on his chest listening to his heart beating faster.

"Maybe one of these days I won't care myself and tell you to also not, but as of right now to not piss off anyone like Vex more, we should sleep." I say pulling the covers up over us snuggling into Percy. "Goodnight, Percival."

"Goodnight, Ophelia." He said kissing my head softly before we both drifted off to sleep.

"Good morning, everybody." Keyleth said as she spun into the dining area. Only to be answered by mostly grumbles from everyone.