Depths of Deciet Part 3

Word Count: 2436

We continued to walk down another long corridor with torches lit until we made it to a gigantic door. It had very beautiful design on it as Vax walked up to it with Grog resting his hand on the door before turning to the goliath.

"Mind giving this a shove, big man?" Vax asked turning toward Grog.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Could you say that again?" Grog asked leaning his arm against the door a smirk on his face reminding me of a guy hitting on someone.

"Oh gods. Oh Grog. You are so mighty, and I am so weak," Vax started saying flexing his muscles when he called Grog mighty, "However can little old me survive without you?"

"Well since you asked so nicely." Grog said satisfaction in his voice as he grabbed onto the side of the door grunting as he pulled the large heavy door open slowly, allowing us passage through it.

"Whoa." Scanlan said at the sight before us. It was a long bridge with lights in some tall stones along the bridge and lights in tall stone pillars next to the bridge. The architecture in itself was amazing.

"Some of my best work." Ripley said proudly. "This far below Whitestone, it took ages." She glanced at Percy as she said this making me roll my eyes dramatically towards Vax, who smirked bumping my shoulder.

"I don't trust her." Vex said as she stopped by Vax and I, as we stood back a little letting the others go forward.

"I don't trust her either." I muttered glaring at her back.

"You two don't trust anyone." Vax said not even glancing at Vex.

"Well... except you." She said to her brother as I started walking again.

"Funny way of showing it sometimes." Vax said walking after me.

"Oh gods." I heard Vex mutter from behind us before following us last.

"Hey, uh just to point this out before we get ourselves killed, we do have evidence now. We could drop this whole thing." Scanlan said as Grog and Keyleth turned towards him, and I glared from behind. "You know, go back and fight our day in court."

"Oh, and abandon the revolution we caused?" I asked Scanlan, lightly bumping into him as I passed by.

"No, whatever the Briarwoods are planning down there, we must end it." Percy said stopping with the rest of the group as I stopped next to him.

"Right, right, yeah, yeah." Scanlan said looking away from us, "Dumb suggestion, Ophelia."

"Yeah, I'm really disappointed in you, Ophelia." Grog said as they both crossed their arms. Before I could walk over to them and beat both their asses, Percy wrapped an arm around my waist holding me close to his side as we started walking on again.

"Don't mind them, love." Percy whispered softly into my ear; I only shot him a small smile in response.

The next room we walked into was a large metal contraption, one part of it was a large metal beam, and the metal contraption next to it was basically a needle. The circular drainage at the bottom had white powder sitting at the edges making me frown wondering what it was.

"Okay uh, Percy, Ophelia, any idea what we are looking at?" Keyleth asked hugging her staff close to her body.

"It's a drug factory!" Scanlan yelled excitedly running past us kneeling in front of the circular drainage shoving his hand into the white powder. "We just hit the jackpot. Anybody have a pipe?"

"I'm fairly certain that would be an unpleasant trip." I said smacking Scanlan in the back of the head as he turned towards me, Percy had let me go so I could smack Scanlan, but he was still standing right behind me.