Rise of the Chroma Conclave Part 1

Word Count: 2012

"Alarm bells! I suddenly feel overdressed." Gilmore said panic lacing his voice as he spoke.

"Um, is this part of the show?" Grog asked as Pike stood up on his shoulders her armor appearing in a flash of gold.

"I don't think so, buddy." Pike answered him softly, Percy and I looked at each other in concern as he slowly let his arms drop from being wrapped around me.

"The call to arms! Everyone move!" Captain Jarette yelled as he tried moving through the crowd as quickly as possible.

"Are those dragons?" Someone in the crowd asked before people started screaming and trying to run and escape from the panic coursing through their bodies. We watched as one of the dragons flew to where some guards were on top of one of the bridges between towers before letting out an ice attack effectively freezing and killing the guards along with causing major damage to the bridge and one of the towers.

"Shit, the tower's gonna..." Scanlan started saying before getting cut off by Grog who picked him up by his head.

"Time to go!" Grog said as he turned to run grabbing Scanlan by the head and holding onto him as the rest of us followed Grog, running. We made it just out of reach as the top of the bridge came tumbling down taking out a bunch of the people below.

"Get the sovereign to safety!" Vax yelled as we ran through the dust around us.

"He's not even sovereign anymore!" Scanlan yelled panicked, Grog had set him down and he was running with the rest of us. "We need to get to safety!"

"Emon shall fall." The green dragon said as it rested on one of the overhead bridges and breathed poison down onto us all. Pike created a shield around us as we watched people start dropping dead from the poison blood running out of their eyes and nose. The acid dragon went next spraying acid down on people melting their bodies, I watched as Allura dropped their shield and ran forward using her powers to wrap a magical tie around the acid dragon as it hit the wall next to them. He burst through the restraints that Lady Allura put on him as Lady Kima slammed her hammer into the ground hitting him with some of her divine power. Only for him to shake his head.

"Pathetic." The acid dragon spoke as Pike let her shield around us fall and we started running towards Emon's council. "Let me show you real power!" He yelled before letting out a blast of acid into the side of the building making it crumble down on top of them.

"No!" We yelled as the rock crashed in front of us cutting us from getting to them as we all had to jump out of the way of the building as it fell around us.

"Ophelia, love are you alright?" Percy asked sitting over me as I blinked my eyes trying to get them to focus on him the world hazy around us.

"Yeah, yeah" I said sitting up holding my head lightly a pulsing pain residing in the back. "I must have just hit my head when we jumped out of the way of the falling castle.

"Incoming!" Pike yelled as we turned towards the ice dragon making it way towards us opening his mouth getting ready to blast. Percy shot his pepper box at it a few times without deterring it. Gilmore on the other hand was able to create a shield over us and the ice breath deflected to the sides, but it still was able to split the group.

"Meet at my shop!" Gilmore yelled to us through the ice as I looked through it to Percy who ended up being split from me.

"Be safe, love" I said gently sending him a kiss, as he smiled weakly at me worry clearly in his eyes before turning and running with Vex, Keyleth, Grog, and Scanlan to get to Gilmore's shop.