with your feet on the air

(story is set in around the 2000's.)

Bruce Yamada was headed off to school on his bike, waving out to all the girls on the sidewalk. He found he didn't like them as much as he should. He was supposed to like girls, so he found it strange he wasn't feeling what most people described towards girls.

Bruce stopped pedalling when he saw a large crowd of people gathered around something, cheering out muffled words. He figured it was a fight happening. He got off his bike and let go of the handles, letting it drop to the ground. he pushed his way to the front, seeing none other than the infamous Vance Hopper. He was sat on top of a blonde haired boy, who was bleeding from his mouth, nose, and a few cuts here and there on his face. Vance kept punching him, and it seemed he had no intention on stopping. However, after a few quick punches, it looks like he had knocked the boy out cold. He stood up and wiped some of the blood off his knuckles. Everyone cleared out of the way as he walked past them, continuing on his way to school. Bruce wasn't sure why Vance even went to school, he barely went to any classes.

Bruce walked back his bike, picking it back up  and getting back on it. That was another thing Bruce was unsure of, why Vance always beat up kids all the time. He wasn't scared of him, he had no reason to be. He was never mean to him, at least not to his face. He never threatened him, also at least not to his face. Bruce thought he just had bad anger issues or something. He has heard many stories about Vance, none of them being good. Bruce passed Vance on his way to school, looking back at him, Bruce saw him still looking just as angry during the fight as he is now. He looked forward before Vance caught him looking and threatened to beat him up or something.

When Bruce made it to the school he pushed his bike into the bike stand and locked it in place. He entered the building just as the bell rang. Fuck, Bruce swore under his breath as he ran to his class. He swung open the door and the whole class turned to look at him.

(author here, i randomly switched to first person here idk why, but after this chapter or at some random point it will go back to third person !! this part is also easiest to write in first person :))(author again, i was right changing that is a lot of work so i will be doing no such thing)

"I'm so sorry i'm late Mrs Kythadoris!" I said quickly as I ran up to her desk.

"It's fine Bruce, it hasn't even been a whole minute. Did you do the homework?" She asked me.

"Yeah!" I said, pulling my bag down from my shoulder and reaching in it. I kept digging around, but I couldn't find it anywhere. "Strange. I had it in here when I left my house.." I told her, looking up from my bag.

"I will let it slide since everything else you have handed in on time. Don't let it happen again," She told me. I nodded, but before I walked away, someone came up from behind me and dropped a piece of paper on her desk. I looked down at it, seeing the writing looked exactly like mine. And..those were my words- my exact words I wrote. That was my paper! And I fucking forgot to put my name. Of course. I looked behind me, seeing Vance Hopper looking at me with that stupid smirk on his stupid face. I spent all night on that.

"Thank you Vance, although you forgot your name. I'll just go ahead and do that for you.." i heard the teacher saying. If Vance wasn't the toughest kid in school, I would go over there and smack him right in his face. I also wouldn't do that because- well, thats just not like me. I sat over at my desk. glaring at vance. I sat behind him, so I didn't have to worry about him seeing me.

(author again, im sorry, but anywho, back to third person (its too much work to just change all that writing shush))(fax)

Bruce pulled out a packet of gum from his desk and dropped one into his mouth. He chewed until it was soft, and when it was, he took the gum out and carefully grabbed a chunk of Vances hair. He stuck the gum in the chunk, careful to not move his hair too much. Bruce was not scared of Vance, but he was scared of the fact he just stuck a piece of gum into his hair. Bruce could actually get killed. He focused his attention to the teacher, who started talking about starting a group project.