way out in the water

(bsan: this chapter gonna be a whole rollercoaster of emotion so brace yourself guys 🤭🤭 a lot of this seems very off from the characters personalities so uhh dont mind that..)

vance dropped down next bruce, shaking his shoulder without too much force.
"bruce what the fucking hell happened?" vance said in a low tone, not trying to startle the boy too much.

"im sorry vance.. i-" bruce cut himself off, trying to catch his breathe from his hyperventilating. "i should've... sh- should've just, i don't know. should've died down th- there.. i- i don't feel.. i don't think i- i feel too well van.. vance. i just want to sle- sleep." bruce stuttered out, choking over his loss of breathe.
"yeah, yeah no that's okay bruce. go to sleep bud, it's alright." vance whispered to him. he didn't care as much as he should to the fact he had just gone all soft of bruce, this moment priorities bruce.

bruce leaned over into vances chest, attempting to sleep. vance was unsure of what to do in the moment, he had never been through anything like this before. no one other than his friends dared ever getting that physically close to vance. vance sat up higher from his knees and picked up bruce bridal style. bruce didn't make any sudden noises, he just allowed what has going to happen, happen. vance carefully put bruce down onto his bed and fixed the blanket over top of him.

"i'll be 'round tomorrow bruce." vance warned him quietly.
"vance?" bruce asked with his eyes sealed shut. vance hummed in response. "could you stay here? till i wake up? i don't.. really feel safe." bruce spoke softly.
"yeah, i guess so." vance shrugged. bruce opened one eye to look at vance one more time, "hmm, your pretty." bruce mumbled as he turned to his side and quickly fell asleep. vance was stood shocked at what the other had just said to him. he couldn't help but blush just a little bit from the words of bruce. vance sat down on the edge of the bed awkwardly. what could he do while bruce slept? he could just leave.
but would that be rude of him? probably. vance redirected his gaze towards bruce, admiring his best features. which was all.

with all the time vance had by himself when bruce was missing, he had more than enough time to think about bruce and his feelings. vance finally chose to stop denying it. denying what he thinks about bruce. no, he would never admit it outloud. did he have to? probably not, no. it was easiest to keep it hidden. besides, bruce had enough on his plate to worry about other than vances dumb feelings for him. vance could totally live without ever telling bruce the truth. how hard could it be?

(i love putting 'how hard could it be?', knowing full well im gonna make it so complicated. btw this chapter is brought to you by mitski, you can thank her for this chapter. live laugh love mitski.)

vance looked away from bruce, considering it was beginning to get creepy. bruce could be sleeping for hours, if not, he would be sleeping until the morning. was vance really going to try and stay awake to protect him? yes. yes he was. there was a slight knock on bruces door, and out of instinct, vance immediatly stood up. he opened the door just a crack, to see it was only bruces father.

"hello vance. i am here to-" james said, pushing open the door, only for his eyes to widen at bruce. "what did you do to my boy?" he whisper-screamed at vance
"hes only just asleep. passed out after a shower, get the fuck out so he can rest" vance snarled at james.

"no, you should be getting out, i have already made this very clear, i do not want you anywhere near my boy." bruces father shushed him.
"he told me-"
"i do not care what he has told you, get out" bruces father cut him off.
"he wants me here" vance shrugged. "said he was scared. it would be shame if something bad were to happen because no one was here, wouldn't it?" vance asked, putting on his manipulative face.

"i will be here. leave." james was not affected by vances mere attempts to allow him to stay. vance flipped him off then left his room. if something were to happen to bruce, vance would personally kill james himself. he stepped outside of the yamada's house and made his way to his own.

inside vances house, his father was sat on the couch, watching the football game while his mother was in the kitchen cleaning dishes.
"vance, welcome home!" his mother called out gracefully.

(his mom is a milf, its canon. this was necessary.)

"hey." vance grumbled out, still slightly angry from earlier.
"hey bud. wanna watch the game?" his dad asked his, a hint of anger in his voice.
"not really" vance said, truthfully.
"well fuck you then. this shits awesome, go to room" his dad said, his eyes still fixated on the football game.

vance gets his anger issues from his father, he always got mad at little things. he tries his hardest to control it around vance and his wife. he has only acted out and hit vance a few times, but after he calmed down he would immediatly apologize and help vance take care of whatever wounds were given. other than that, he was a very good father, along with his mother.

vance never bothered to control his anger, he would never bottle up feeling as strong as those. because if he did, the next time he would get angry it would be much worse. sure, he could control it around bruce. but that is different, bruce is just- bruce. vance would never hurt bruce, just as his father would never hurt his mother. besides, whats the point in controlling his anger?

whys it such a big deal if he gets in a few fights here and there? whys it such a big deal everyone is scared of him? its best to not be surrounded by people, it makes you seem... weak. vance had a reputation to live, he was not going to give that up because of some silly thoughts and a silly boy. as long as he didn't hurt his family and friends, everything would be fine. besides, his father didn't start controlling his anger after him and vances mom got engaged. so techniaclly, never in vances life, will he ever get the final pushing urge to stop getting into fights every hour, and to start controlling himself.

-

yippe yippe!! also so sorry about this chapter taking so long, it would have came out about a half hour ago, but my cousin came to visit so i had to stop writing all that while. since its now the weekend, i will hopefully be able to get more chapters out because i have no friends and no life!! (average wattpad user)(SOSORY THAT WAS A JOKE). anywho, remember to drink and eat something, i love you all !!!

(1201 words.)