except for the little fish

"hello vance! and- is that bruce yamada?" vances mom asked him when he entered his house.
"yeah, we're just going up to my room" vance said, waving to his mom. she just nodded and went back to sewing. vance led the way upstairs to his room. when he opened the door he was met with the same large mess he had when he left a few hours prior.

"shit. forgot about that" vance mumbled as he quickly shut his door before bruce could see.
"what? vance, are you hiding something in there??" bruce asked him, tilting his head.
"no, it's just. sort of.. a mess." vance chuckled nervously, scratching at the back of his head.

"oh, well that's fine, vance. my room can be quite messy sometimes" bruce reasoned.
"ah, yes but well, it's just that.. how about we go downstairs?" vance asked bruce, attempting to change his mind. vance moved his arm to be pointing in the direction of the stared. bruce looked like he was debating it for a second, but unfortunately, vance knew what his answer would still be.
"nah, i think i'd rather see what is going on in your room." bruce told him, pushing vance out of the way of his door and opening it.

"fucking hell, what the shits happened in here?" bruce asked as he stared at the broken walls and mirror, the thrown around items, his ripped apart bed, and of course the blood splatters here and there. vance just awkwardly stood behind him.
"well- so ya know, kinda got mad when you were like kidnapped an all.." vance mumbled.

"kind of? vance your room isn't even a room anymore! it's just- i don't know, a whole ass junk yard" bruce pointed out, continuing to inspect vances room.
"yeah yeah, i'm aware. listen, why don't you come round tomorrow and my room will be all clean and erm, well i don't really know how to fix walls, so mostly clean."

"i could stay and help if you'd like?" bruce suggested, redirecting his gaze towards vance.
"no no, i got this." vance nodded. he lightly grabbed bruces neck and gave him a soft kiss on his forehead.

(omgomg i hate writing these goofy couple thingy wingy scenes they literally feel so awkwwdrd what the fuck 😥😥 if they ste literlaly so bad that is because i suck at writing tjem and just ndhfrksoowlwnebdjsoskanw no. okay adios pals)

bruce gave him one last smile before walking down the hall, where he was greeted by vances dad, who was walking up the stairs.

"why, hello there! your bruce yamada? i'm assuming you are here with my son?" his dad asked him kindly.
"oh! yes, i am bruce. and i was. but i was just leaving." bruce glanced over towards vances room for a second.
"ah! thats quite nice. what were you two doing in there?" his dad questioned.
"oh, nothing really, his rooms quite messy so he just told me i could leave. i have to get home for dinner anyways." bruce answered him with a bright smile.

"alrighty. well, i can't just let you walk home by yourself, now can i? considering what happened before.."
"oh..! well it's really no bother, i'll be fine mr. hopper" bruce reassured him.
"alright.. i better not see you on the news! and call me tyler" tyler told him with a pat on the shoulder. bruce laughed at his hopefully joke and walked down the stairs.

"hello bruce! dinner is just ready just right now, did you want to stay over?" vances mom asked him politely. his parents seemed so kind, how did bruce manage to get hella anger issues? bruce just thought one of his parents would be the same as vance, and the to just either be kind or have not as bad anger issues.
"oh, no i really mustn't. i was just headed back home" bruce told her.
"well are you sure? i can drop you off after dinner?"
"yeah, i am sure! thank you though!" bruce told her with a small wave. she smiled and nodded and left to go into the other room. bruce was still absolutely bewildered about how kind his parents were. bruce stepped outside, the cool breeze hitting his face. he stepped off the porch and onto the sidewalk.

that's when his vision began to blur. all he saw were flashbacks of him getting taken. the van, the grabber, the balloons, everything. he grabbed a hold of vances fence, attempting to hold his balance. he wouldn't be able to make it back home, not in this state. he sat down on the sidewalk, tucking his head onto his legs. it needed to stop. his visions weren't stopping. he needed to go back inside. he couldn't be out here alone. what if he got taken again?
-

vance opened his curtains and his window, letting the sunlight take over his room. he looked outside for a second, seeing bruce exit the front door. he walked off the porch, and onto the sidewalk. he only walked around five steps before he stopped and grabbed hold of the fence. vance stared confused, wondering what was going on with him. when bruce dropped down to the ground, vance immediately ran out of his room. he bolted out his front door and out to where bruce had been sat.

"bruce? are you alright?" vance asked him. bruce looked up towards vance.
"i can't walk home vance. not by myself." bruce shook his head at himself and his stupid flashbacks.
"don't worry about that. cmon let's get you up" vance told him, helping bruce stand up. "so, what happened?" vance asked him as he wrapped bruce's arm around his shoulder, giving him support for walking.

"i just got out here, like when i was going out before. and, i just started getting all these images of the grabber taking me." bruce told vance, his eyes still shut. he didn't want to open his eyes and get scared again. whenever he had been out walking somewhere, he had been with someone. but this time, bruce knew he was alone. if vance hadn't come outside, he would probably be sat on the ground for god knows how long. vance helped bruce walked back to bruce's house, giving anyone who stared at them a dirty look.

when they reached bruce's house, vance gave him a quick yet loving kiss goodbye. bruce smiled at him and walked inside his house. when bruce opened front door, james was seen shoving bruce inside and glaring at vance. he shoved up both middle finger at james before walking away.

Tyler watched out the window as vance raced outside the house to go and assist bruce, who had fallen to the ground. it was too soon for bruce to be going outside on his own. vance helped bruce up and began to walked away with him.

"i always knew that kid would turn out gay" tyler mumbled to himself, shaking his head. obviously he would support vance, he wasn't immature.

it me the author. bum bum bummmm.

anywho ive been thinking about killing bruce LOLZIES.

no but seriously im between three options here. 1. bruce actually just literally dies. 2. i just do random ass chapters that are just all fillers but like idk what else to add that would make a proper impact on this story. or 3, i just do a one month time skip and actually get to where i want it to be so this story could be like ended in like possibly 5 (??) chapters

i would like to get the readers opinion on this. i know which one i actually gonna do, jus wanna see whag you guys would want 🤔
(i love it when i only plan like half the story when i start writing one 🤪)

(1307 words.)