where is my mind?

"bruce! oh my god i heard you got out on the news, i just didn't know if you were coming home! oh god i am so happy!" bruce's mom blurted out as soon as he entered the house. she didn't take notice of vance since she was filled with pure happiness from finally getting her boy back.
"mom! can you please make me something to eat? i had like 8 plates of eggs down there.." bruce told her, hugging his mom back.

"of course! i will be right back in a few" his mother said immediately, leaving to go to the kitchen.
bruce led the two of them out to their living room, where his father sat.
"bruce! glad you are back bud, me and your mother were worried sick." bruce's dad said when the pair came in the room. "and what is it vance is doing here. i told you i don't want that boy in my house any more." his tone had changed immensely as soon as he noticed vance.

"dad, can you not do this right now." bruce sighed out, glad to finally be sitting down again. his dad simply shook his head and looked back down at todays newspaper. his mom came sped walking into the room, carrying a tray of soup and a glass of freshly cold water.
"eat up bruce, go and grab anything from the kitchen you need or want." his mother said, placing the tray on his lap and sitting next to vance.

"hello vance. i myself am not too fond of having you around here. but, since my son is going to continue and ignore me and his fathers mere attempts to save his reputation from being ruined," bruce's mom said, raising her voice and glaring at bruce for the last part. "then i suppose i should just get used to having you around here and introduce myself. i am erik yamada, and-" erik paused to point to bruces father, "this is james yamada."

james still seemed mad that bruce was getting along with vance, even after he's been kidnapped and through hell, james thought bruce would have time to think about vance down there. and bruce did, but most certainly not in the way his father wanted.
"im still not happy about this boy. but i suppose your mother is right." james miserably admitted.
"i will be back. gotta go to the washroom." bruce announced suddenly. he sat up, putting his tray on the coffee table and leaving the room.

"vance, what are you intentions with my son?" james continued to interrogate vance.

"what? nothing. he's probably just hanging around me because i asked to be his partner or whatever. its over now, but i could just stop talking to him or something." vance said. he didn't feel intimidated by bruce's father at all, but he just wanted to be slightly nice to him to think he wasn't that bad of a person. and truthful, what vance said was probably right. a boy like bruce would never hang around a boy like vance without reason. and bruce had a reason. because stupid vance decided to ask him to be partners. but if what vance was thinking is true, then why would bruce accept to do it with him?

all that time, with bruce being away and all, vance spent all the time that he wasn't preying on kids and playing pinball, thinking about bruce. did he really like bruce, or was it just a figment of his imagination to feel alive?

"alright. after today i want you no where near my son." james gave vance strict instructions.
"yeah yeah, whatever" vance rolled his eyes, crossed his arms and leaned back into the couch.

going back to the bruce thing, ignoring vances bland attempt to cover himself, vance had really decided, he, vance hopper, like bruce yamada.
town bad boy falling in love with town good boy. it could totally work right, if the people complied. vance was willing too. but would bruce? but how would this work out of james wants absolutely nothing to do with vance?

"im back. dad, you better not have been telling vance off, i don't care how much you don't like him. i have told you before, he will
not hurt me, nor ruin 'my whole life'." bruce said, tired from having to deal with his father, and just tired in general because of his living situation the past month.
"i haven't. i have decided i won't mind having vance around for the time being. why don't you finish up your soup and go upstairs, have a shower and get a nice nap in. i imagine you wouldn't be able to sleep much when you were kept where you were." bruce father told him, content that he was finally getting rid of vance, and his son would be safe and sound.

vance obviously would continue talking with bruce, his father does not scare him. vance could easily take him down any day of the week if he wanted too. bruce quickly finished off his soup, and pulled vance upstairs into his room.
"i'm just going to take a quick shower first, you can wait in my room, i'll try and be quick." bruce rasped out to vance as he stopped in the bathroom doorway.

"alright, take as much time as you need." vance shrugged, watching bruce nod and disappear into the bathroom. vance wondered off into bruce's bedroom. sitting down at his desk. he began taking in bruce's newly untouched room. beginning to take notice at the small details the more he began to look, such as the small cracks in the walls and the tiny rocks he has collected everywhere. vance wasn't sure what he was supposed to be doing in his room. he shouldn't leave because bruce will certainly be a bit shaken up for the next few days, if not weeks.

15 minutes had passed, and vance heard the shower turning off. then a loud thud of something hitting the ground. vance stood up immediately and left bruce's room, speed walking his was to the bathroom.
"bruce? you alright in there" vance pounded on the door. "BRUCE? i'm coming in." vance warned as opened up the door, seeing bruce sitting on the floor, looking almost dead.

-
hello i just wanted to say bruce is fully clothed, i am not too sure what he has changed into but idk lets all just pretend he got clothes out of no where?! 💀

(1089 words.)