"Hes only six!"

Au: modern, graduated Steddie, child adopted Dustin

Steve Harrington is the proud known fiance of Eddie Munson. They're out of college and trying to start a new life.

Eddie Munson; a punk- might as well call him a freak. He runs the hellfire club which he started in high-school and is still successfully running. Eddie is a crazy person, when you get to know him he's sweet, sweet and salty. Eddie's not afraid to fight someone though, over anything or anybody.

Steve Harrington: your average layed back kid. Steve isn't crazy, but he will knock you out if he has to. His best friend- Robin Buckley, keeps him in the right place at all times, no matter if it's helping him in his relationship or if he's helping her. Steve's only dream is to become a parent of many and take them on nice trips and things. He's always wanted to grow a nice family now that he's got the chance.

----‐-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------––

Eddie and Dustin, their son, were hanging out in Eddie's room. Aka Steve and Eddie's room yet it mostly belongs to Eddie. Eddie was playing around with Dustin and giving him long talks and stories about life.

"Ok Henderson... it's finally time you learn the most IMPORTANT thing in your life."

Eddie said to his six year old son. Eddie sat criss crossed on the floor infront of Dustin.

"This is your middle finger"

Eddie held up his middle finger and pointed to it with his other hand as Dustin had his mouth wide open with his one front tooth. Dustin was only six but he was a genius. He knew a lot of adult things and that's mostly because Eddie and Steve were always talking about adult things.

"You use it when you wanna piss someone off or when you really really hate someone."

Dustin nods.

Eddie gets up and peeks his head out of his door and into the living room where Steve was arguing with Robin on the phone.

"Hey, Steve?"

Steve gets off the phone with Robin ending up calling her a dumbass then turning to Eddie. Eddie signals Steve to come over as Steve does has he sees. When Steve reached the bedroom Eddie stopped him then smiled at Dustin.

Eddie whispered in Steve's ear what he was demonstrating not telling Steve about the finger part.

"Dipshit!"

Steve started the fake argument.

"Well fuck you too then!"

Eddie argued back making Dustin think. Dustin knew Eddie was about to make his move which made him wonder. 'Does Dad hate Steve?' Dustin's six year old mind was shocked. He continued listening to Steve and Eddie's fake argument with tears swelling in his eyes.

Eddie finally flipped Steve off making him shocked, and when I say shocked I mean dead ass paralyzed.

"And that's how you do it kid."

"Eddie what the hell?!"

Eddie looked at Steve who was now confused, angry, and shocked.

"Why are you teaching the child this?! Like hell! I though being convinced to swear infront of him was bad but this?"

Steve shot at Eddie

This wasn't a part of the act.

"The kid should be learning this at an early age! He already knows more than we do and he's six!"

Dustin watched the two grown-ups argue as he though it was apart if the fake argument which he also though was real. Dustin's eyes got cloudy as tears started falling down his face. Once the two men noticed their crying son Steve immediately got down and hugged him.

"Hey... it's alright bud.."

Dustin sniffled

"Dad said you only give someone the middle finger if your mad at them!"

Dustin whisper-yelled as Steve scoffed and sighed as Eddie bust out laughing.

"Dustin... Dad was just demonstrating how to do it. We're not mad at eachother."

Dustin sniffed and nodded as Steve wiped out his tears making him smile a bit.

As Eddie was laughing Steve got up and walked over to him shoving him out the room into the living room.

"What the hell Eddie?"

Eddie snorted and smiled as Steve put his hands on his hips and looked dead ass serious into Eddie's eyes. Eddie's smile faded as he lifted his arms in the air then dropped them.

"He's only six!"

"Yeah six going on sixteen, no shit Harrington! The kids a genius he's smart enough to go to college now!"

Steve rolled his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose with his left hand.

"I'm sorry I just wanna prepare him for life.."

Eddie said folding his arms as Steve snickered and pulled him into a hug.

"That's Eddie for ya,"

Eddie smiled and kissed Steve's cheek not knowing their precious child was watching them from the corner of the doorframe.

Dustin smiled to himself and giggled.

He knew what was happening all along.

So much for six going on sixteen.