Force to be reckoned with

Layla's P.O.V

As soon as the door full opened I quickly tried to assess the situation in front of me. There was a big beefy guy who was holding a knife, more importantly there was an Alex crumpled on the floor holding his side. In that moment adrenaline took over making everything slow down and my arms feel numb. I aimed at the guy with the knife and pulled the trigger. Everything after that was a blurry whirlwind and then there was nothing, I was surrounded by darkness and as hard as I tried I couldn't move. I was getting bored when suddenly there was an annoying and constant beeping, I vaguely remember something like this happening before but I can't quite place when or why I remember it." -ayla....-Layla! Layla wake up!" That voice sounds a lot like Adam.... Holy cow Adam! I totaly forgot about leaving him in the hall when I went to go save Alex! He better not have gotten killed or else I wont be able to forgive myself for leaving him back there.

I forced myself to open my eyes and I was met with obnoxiously bright lights, I hissed dramatically and pulled the covers of the bed that I was on over my head. "Layla you're awake!" Adam screamed, I pulled the covers off my head and gave him a weird look "why do you say it like I've been gone forever?" He ran over to me and hugged me sobbing, "well you see.....youvebeenasleepforthreedays." He spoke so fast I didn't catch much, "slow down I can't understand you." He got up on the bed with me and laid down next to me, "Layla you passed out after you shot that guy, the doctor said you had a panic attack and he didn't for sure know why. You've been asleep for three days." What the heck? I had a panic attack after I shot that guy? I was about to ask about Alex and Jackson when Alex came hobbling in, "you're awake!"

He hoisted himself on to the bed and hugged me gingerly, "hey princess how ya feeling?" Jax asked as he casually walked in.  Alex had stopped hugging me long enough to place me on his lap and continued hugging me from behind. "I'm fine, Adam explained everything to me." I could feel Alex stiffen behind me. "Actually you don't know everything, I have some things I need to tell you." I could feel the tension in the room rise, "If this is about you being the boss of some kind of gang I already figured that much out." I said hoping that was it. Jackson snorted "it's not just some gang, he's the Don of the American mafia." Ok I have to admit that I wasn't expecting that one, I started piecing it all together though. The confusion at the subway was probably since he doesn't have to use public transportation ever, and the two hundred dollar tip was most likely pocket change. It even explained all the luxurious things around the mansion along with all the security. "Layla I need you to take deep breaths and focus on my voice." I could tell it was Alex talking but at the same time I couldn't hear anything. It felt like I could barely breathe, I closed my eyes and tried taking a few deep breaths to calm down.

When I assured Alex that I was fine he climbed out of bed and landed a solid punch into Jax's gut, "what the heck were you thinking?! You knew she's fragile and you drop something like that on her!" Adam and I watched from the bed as Alex continued to berate Jax, I can't believe that the same man who stole me is the man who runs the most feared group of criminals  in the world. "Why me?" I whispered miffed,  Alex stopped his verbal attack on Jax and came over to my side, "what do you mean why you?" He asked while laying down next to me, "out of all the people in the world why did you kidnap me? I'm not rich, I don't have any political power, I'm not a super model, and you don't even really know me so why me?" Jax came over and picked up Adam and left us in the room alone, Alex laid his head on my shoulder and held my hand with his larger one. Even though this man kidnapped me his gesture was still comforting. "Those reasons are some of the reasons I picked you, you're kind and quick witted. You might not think you're a super model but I do, and I don't care if you're rich or not. Layla you are the only person who's ever offered me help just for the sake of helping me, you didn't have any motives other than being nice and those are just a few reasons I fell for you."

I smiled at his confession and leaned on his side a sign of good gesture, " I love the fact that you're comfortable around me and all but can you not lean on that side?" Alex groaned shuffling uncomfortably. I gasped and quickly sat up, "oh my gosh that's right you were bleeding!" He pulled me so that I was laying on his other side, "yes I was, the man you shot stabbed me in the side a few times." Wait a few times? "how many is a few?" I asked with both curiosity and concern. He scooted away a little and chuckled, "seven or eight?" I gasped and looked at the side in question. "How are you able to walk? More importantly, if you're so strong how did you let him stab you so many times?" I asked laying back on the bed with questions swirling about in my head.

Jackson was obviously getting bored with the conversation, he excused himself and Adam to go get some food much to Adam's protest about food being for the weak. "Well? Are you going to divulge your reasoning to me?" I asked expectantly looking up at Alex. He had a very nice side profile if I'm being honest, over all he's very attractive and also rich. He's every woman's dream man in a sense, but I guess the catch is that he's a criminal. He's not even a normal criminal at that, he's a high profile and also one of the most wanted criminals on a global scale. I was shaken from my thoughts by Alex clearing his throat. "Well. The reason I did kill him right away was because I needed him alive for some information I was hoping to secure. He knew I had outsiders here at headquarters, that means either I have a snitch or someone was watching your every move before I picked you up. Regardless of which case, I was hoping to be the one stabbing someone instead of being the person stabbed."

My eyes widened at how casually he talked about torturing that guy, I know he has probably done worse but the fact he can say that stuff with ease is eerie. "How can you talk about killing someone so casually?" Alex closed his eyes and leaned his head back and began playing with my hair, I didn't bother stopping him and just waited for his reply. "I guess I've been doing it so long it doesn't bother me anymore." I could tell he didn't want to discuss it further so I let the subject drop, there is so much about this man I don't know yet but I'll figure him out eventually. So far it hasn't been all bad, he hasn't tried to hurt me or Adam directly so that's a plus. As I laid there thinking about what all Alex could be hiding he took the liberty of turning on the TV and watching some cartoons. "So much for Mr.Dangerous" I murmured zoning out to the sound of whatever cartoon character was talking.

A/N: WOW so a whole lot of changes here, but I'm happy with how this story has evolved.