Epilogue

As promised

When we last left our hero's! jk on this intro

Alex's P.O.V

It's been ten years since my world almost shattered.

~Flashback brought to you by Jazz hands~

Layla had escaped and made an entrance into the loading dock where my men and Grants were all ready for blood to shed, one of his men fired the first shot causing all of us to begin taking out one another. I was taking out one of Grant's men when I heard an ear piercing scream come from Grant as he gripped his side letting go of Jackson's neck, I looked up to the platform where Layla had been standing to see she had fainted. When Grant's men realized their leader was shot they began to retreat like a bunch of cowards, I ran up the stairs to the platform and picked up Layla's unconscious body before ordering my men to do a full sweep of the warehouse and bring Grant to HQ. I carried Layla out to my car and drove like a madman back to the building where we had set up surveillance on Grant, I hopped out of the car and carried Layla in to the building where the doctor was already waiting. "How is the Donna?" Jackson asked when he came in from finishing the sweep of Grant's building, "the doctor said she had another panic attack but this time it was stronger." He plopped down on a chair next to me, "don't worry Alex she'll be fine, she's a strong girl."

~End of flashback brought to you by Lassie~

It took Layla three weeks to wake up from the coma her body had been in, when she woke up she was crying saying how she had a horrible nightmare that she had died and I moved on and married someone else. I stayed with her for the rest of the day telling her how much I loved her and that I would never move on that easily, after almost losing Layla I realized how my life would never be the same if she wasn't in it. So on her twenty first birthday I popped the question, she said yes a million times before jumping up in my arms and giving me a long and loving kiss. Our wedding was huge since everyone that works under and with me attended, a few other dons from different countries came as well. Two years after we got married our son Felipe was born, I love Felipe to the moon and back but Layla will forever hold my heart in her hands. Adam recovered from his stab wounds and opened a bakery, every other Friday Adam watches Felipe for us so we can have time to relax and time to ourselves. Jackson found himself his girlfriend Amber and they've been dating for a few months. All in all I'll never forget the day I tried to take the subway home, given the choice I would definitely do it over again and not change a thing.

A/N: She didn't die! Layla just saw her future self and kid, Alex didn't give up on her. I'm sorry to say there won't be a book 2.