Chapter 4

^Knock Knock^
I open the door and pop my head in
"Hello?"
"..." We walk in and look around
"Is any body here?

" Oh Y-yes!" A boy comes out, he's pretty short and noticeably skittish.
"Oh! more students, you all are going to the Cafeteria right!"

I nod my head.
"Then would you follow me"

The boy says as he walks past me and out the door, me and my parents following suit.

After an obnoxiously long walk  down the halls. They were lead into a large space with around 100 students scattered around, mingling with one another. Hua ying stretched his neck out, his head turning left and right. Till finally his eyes lock on a familiar face .

Quickly he turned around placing chaste kisses on both his parents cheeks before walking in the direction of the other Teenagers. Hua Wuxian maneuvered his way through the crowd. Till he was standing behind a young lady, he leaned  forward circled his arms around her neck and pressed his face to he cheek.

The Young girl flinched clearly startled at the sudden contact.

"Hello Shijie" he softly whispered in her ear, the girl turned her head surprised at  the familiar voice.

"A-Xian!" Yanli smiled then turned around fully to pull him into a hug." What are you doing here" she asked.

"What do you mean what I'm I doing here, I'm here for school!" ying replied with a smirk on his face.

To that answer Yanli's smile grow. "Ah! Your studying with us!" "That's great, does A-Cheng know?"

"Not yet I was going to after I saw you"," which is now, so we're is he!" Hua asked as he hurryingly looked over the sea of students again for his 'Cousin'.

" Over there in the gymnasium, were the 9th graders sit" Yanli pointed to two large white double doors.

He smiled.

"Thank you Shijie!" He hugged her again." I'll see you later" he said as he walked off.

Walking up to the doors, he pushed them open. More kids even more of them than in the Cafeteria. I would be a whole lot harder to find Wanyin here, he walked farther in look at the students trying to find a familiar face or voice. Though he highly doubtful in all the talking.

Frustrated he pulled his phone from his back pocket and dial a number. As it rang he looked up to see if anyone picked up there phone, and like lo behold some did.

A male in the middle of two people on the bleachers looked at his phone his facial expression contorting into one of slight anger and expectance. It was not unusual for Hua ying to call his cousin randomly. Usually in the middle of classes just to waste his time, so Jiang Cheng did not to pick up.

And went back to talking to his friend beside him.

Wuxian practically ran up the bleacher steps, half way to the top he squeezes his way past some students  and sits in a thankfully empty set behind his cousin.
He set his bag down on the floor, then tap wanyin's shoulder.

Jiang Wanyin stop talking at the feeling of someone touching him. He grumbled the. Turned around to see his

.... cousin?

"Hua Wuxian what are you doing here?!"

"I'm here for classes!"Hua ying throw his hands up and smiled."Surprise!!"

" Your parents let you come, with your-" he gestured to hua yings head. "You know."

He giggled"My
Short term memory loss, you can say it"

"That, but ho-

'YOU ALL ARE AT A 10 COULD YOU BRING YOURSELVES DOWN TO 2 FOR ME.'

Hua ying and Jiang Cheng both stop talking and turned towards the middle of the gymnasium, along with everybody else.

Once quite Lan Xichen spoke again.

'THANK YOU, NOW THAT I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION, I WOULD LIKE TO START OF WITH WELCOMING YOU ALL TO YOUR FIRST YEAR OF HIGHSCHOOL'

'IT'S A PLEASURE FOR US TO TEACH EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU. I WOULD LOVE TO SAY MORE, BUT I MUST NOT KEEP YOU FOR LONG. SO AFTER I STATE A FEW THINGS. YOU ALL CAN HEAD TO YOUR HOMEROOM'S

'SO TO JUMP STRAIGHT INTO IT, THIS YEAR THERE ARE QUITE A FEW CHANGES TO THE CURRICULUM FOR 9TH GRADE, NORMALLY THIS OPTION IS ONLY AVAILABLE FOR 10&11TH GRADE ONLY, BUT THIS YEAR DORMS ARE OPEN FOR 9TH GRADE AS WELL'

' ALSO EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES, ARE A MUST, IN THE MORNINGS, BREAKFAST WILL BE SERVED, ALONG WITH DINNER, YOUR HOMEROOM TEACHERS WILL GIVE YOU MORE INFORMATION'

'THAT IS ALL FOR NOW. I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE AN AMAZING SCHOOL YEAR!'

As Lan Xichen walked away, The gymnasium rose with noise once more.  Jiang Wanyin picked up his bookbag along with the rest of his personals. Standing up he made his way off the bleachers to head to the classrooms, Jiang Cheng made it down and stood  there at the bottom waiting for his elder brother. Hua ying fumbled to grab his things in the constant moving of the students around him. So many people in one place he was having a hard time adjusting to it all. The noise was kinda annoying, he just wanted to get out of this building.

He was used to a quiet studying environment, the only noise to be heard were the gental, soft sounds of his baba's voice. Now again having second thoughts about coming to school. Hua Wuxian closed his eyes and counted backwards from ten, once calm he, opened his eyes grabbed his belongings (finally) stood up, and pushed way through the bustling students. And walked down the steps to his younger brother.

"Are you okay..?" Jiang Cheng asks as he looks at his cousin

Wuxian looks at his cousin and smiles softly" yeah. Just.... ya know
... overwhelmed a bit" his smile quickly turned into a smirk" Why is ChengCheng worried about me" he teased.

Jiang Cheng's worried expression quickly disappears
"What No! And who are you calling ChengCheng!" He practically yelled.

Ying laughed, he loves it when his brother shows concern for him. But when ever he does he can't help but want to tease him.

"Alright let's go we can be late on the first day"

Wuxian huffs" Okay, okay let's go"

Both boys head to the doors side by side."Oh, yeah what's your classroom numbers" wanyin asks as he turns to look at the older"

"Huh?"

"Your classroom numbers."

"What's that?"

Jiang Cheng looks at Hua ying with 'seriously?' Written all over his face, but quickly drops it when he remembers he's never been to private school or public school for that matter."Okay give me your schedule"

Hua ying digs into his back pocket and pulls out his schedule and hads it to him" Jiang Wanyin point to a certain part of the paper."this is a classroom Number, it will be over your classroom door, to tell you which classrooms your in for that period. Your homeroom number is B...101! Same as mine we are in the same homeroom awesome!"